Ace of spades ♠️

Start from the beginning

"I'm sure we'll be in much less comfortable situations. So, we might as well get used to getting changed in front of each other.", Liz told Red, who still kept eye contact.

He didn't react.

"Don't you agree, Red?", she tried again.

He cleared his throat and broke the eye contact. Finding the wall behind her interesting.
"Yes. Yes, you're right.", he nodded, then shaked his head as if to snap himself out of thought and cleared his throat again.
"I'm sorry Lizzie. I thought you had your clothes with you. I had a little accident in the kitchen. I wanted to get changed.", he chuckled lightly, lifting his shirt a bit. Which was covered in tomato sauce.
"I thought you could cook.", Liz joked as she went to the bed where her clothes were, first putting on the black jeans.
"I can cook. I got sidetracked and somehow got the sauce all over me.", Red assured her.

Picking up her shirt she turned around to look at him. He hasn't moved. With his back to her, he didn't see her approach him, but he could hear her steps getting closer. And he could feel the heat of her stare, at the back of his neck.

Liz placed her hand on Reddington's shoulder, gently pulling him to face her. He let her but kept his eyes locked to hers again, since she was still only in a pair of jeans and a bra.

"I thought we agreed, that it would be no problem for us to change in front of each other. Didn't we?", Liz challenged him, searching his eyes for answers he would most likely not give.

"We did.", he nodded.

"So, what's the problem?", she was starting to get frustrated.
"There is no problem. I have to go, otherwise the food is going to get burned.", he looked at her with a straight face and left the room, closing the door behind himself.
Liz let out a frustrated groan and put on the rest of her clothes. Curious about what Reddington's problem was.

Reddington, on the other hand, was in the kitchen, furious with himself for being such a coward with Liz. In every possible way there can be. But actually, most of all he felt relieved. Relieved, that Lizzie didn't look down. Because if she would've looked down, she would've seen that he‚s got a hard one.
After he could calm himself down a bit, Red turned off the stove. Stirring the sauce once more before tasting it. At least it tastes good, he thought to himself.

Red looked over at Liz as she entered the kitchen, she still seemed upset.
"I'm finished. You can get dressed.", she told him coldly before going into the tiny living room.
Raymond sighed shaking his head, more so at himself than at Lizzie. He got changed into a white dress shirt. Then prepared two plates of spaghetti for them.

Liz was sitting on the couch watching whatever was going on the tv, when Red entered the living room. He put both plates on the couch table and went back to the kitchen to get the wine and two glasses.
"It smells heavenly, Red.", she smiled at him the moment he came back, looking more relaxed.
"Thank you, Lizzie. I hope you'll like the taste, as much as the smell.", he smiled back at her, as he poured the wine into their glasses.

The moment Red sat down he could feel Liz tense up a little, so he looked over at her. She was already looking at him, smiling.
"Thanks Red. Not just for cooking. For everything that you are doing for me. I'm sorry if I'm unreasonable sometimes.", she spoke in a low tone. Red could see the honesty in her eyes. Which were watering up, like his own and his heart felt like it could burst any minute. He will never get used to her soft side. He loved when she was hard. He could handle the hard Lizzie. But soft Lizzie was to much for him to handle. She was pulling at his heart strings, making him love her even more.

He took her hand which was lying on her lap, gave it a light squeeze and stroked it with his thumb.
"There's nothing to thank for, Lizzie.", he smiled at her. Gave her hand another squeeze before releasing it.