Jasmine let out a sigh. "They don't want outsiders seeing what they have or don't have. You have to realize that their communities were nearly destroyed by everything that happened over there. European settlers didn't agree with how the Natives practiced magic, so they tried to "fix" the Native magical population, and then when that didn't work, the settlers stole their children or killed them. They don't want to risk that happening again, which is something I can see being a real fear."

James grunted and flopped onto the couch in the sitting room in response. It was the same reply she got every time he asked about visiting them. She figured that her cousin wanted to visit the twins almost as much as she did. He rolled on the cushions for a moment before hanging his head off the end, his legs in the air. "When you are leaving to see Lily?"

Ah, yes, she still had to pack her last few items for that little adventure about to take place. "In about two hours, why?"

He shrugged. "I wanted to know what time I should invite Sirius over. It gets quiet in this house without someone my own age to talk to. Dad is great, but he tends to mutter to himself about potions and business strategy and I can only stand so much of that before I go mad."

That Jasmine could understand. Monty was a great man, but Merlin, he enjoyed talking about monetary figures and abstract business strategies. And, while it could be interesting, it tended just to bore her and James to sleep.

"You and Sirius better not do anything stupid."

Like follow her to Lily's house in an attempt to crash the party, because she knew that they were stupid enough to try it.

James bat his eyelashes at her. His hazel eyes were wide and overly innocent. "When would we ever do anything stupid, Jazz? You know that Sirius and I are extremely mature for our age."

If she could push him off the couch she would have. "You're an idiot," she muttered, more than loud enough for him to hear, which earned a scoff from James and Jasmine leaned over the sofa, "and if I catch you in London stalking us, you will find yourself lost and confused on a deserted island with no idea how you got there."

He gave an audible gulp and nodded.

~*~

It was around eleven in the morning when Euphemia dropped Jasmine off on Lily's street, which was average by all accounts, before apparating away. Her guardian had a last-minute meeting with an anti-terrorist task force she was in charge of, there had apparently been an incident during training she had to handle.

This left Jasmine to wander down the street on her own, her trainers lightly scraping against the concrete below her feet. It was a warm day, though, thankfully, it was overcast, so it wasn't overbearingly hot. Jasmine had dressed in muggle jeans and light blue blouse. While a dress would be more fashionable for the time, she wasn't in the mood to wear one. Honestly, the less scaring she showed the better. Jasmine's body was covered in them, so the more skin she covered the less questions she'd be asked in the long run. She had even gone so far as to put a bit of make-up over the scaring on her face. She didn't want to make a bad impression on Lily's parents.

With a quiet hum and small skip in her step, Jasmine made her way to the Evans household. The neighborhood was modest, the houses were all fairly upkept. There were children playing on multiple front lawns. No one sparred her a second glance as she walked by, which was a welcome change from the whispers of the wizarding world.

There was a squeak from her left as she passed a lightly wooded park. It was one that she recognized from Professor Snape's memories and there was a familiar figure sitting on the ground rubbing her arse under a swing. A head a blonde hair and pale blue eyes glared at the offending piece of metal, she mumbled a string of curses under her breath. It was Petunia Evans, at least, Jasmine was nearly positive that it was her.