Torn (Between Three)

Prologue

March, Saturday 13, 2004

"KAIRI!!!"

"uuuggghhh, what?"

"KAIRI!! WAKE UP!! ITS TIME TO SAY GOODBYE!"

"i don't wanna get up, i don't wanna move, i don't want to say goodbye." i murmured

my head popped up off the pillow. i didn't know how big this room was without all my stuff in it. all i had was a blanket and a pillow to sleep on.

Hi, my name is Kairi, and I’m 10 years old. This is the story of my horrible life.

there was a box in my room that said 'Kairi's clothes' i got the clothes out then put my pajama’s in. I put on a blue t-shirt with flowers on it and brown jeans. I slowly trudged down the stairs, holding my pillow in one hand and my blanket in the other. taking my time down the stairs to make my mom mad.

"KAIRI!! THE MOVERS WILL BE HERE SOON, if YOU WANT TO SAY GOODBYE TO JACOB YOU BETTER GO NEXT DOOR NOW!"

i went into the kitchen to get my wheat's and oats, put down my stuff on the floor. "a disappointing breakfast for a disappointing day." i thought and giggled. mom walked in the room just then, i put on a pouty face.

"mom, do we HAVE to move? I don't wanna leave my dad!"

"honey, i know its hard, but it's for the best. if we don't, we will lose everything we have. i know, this is your childhood, but life is never perfect."

she said, in a 'everything-is-gonna-be-perfect' voice. ugh.

"i know, I know."

i saw my mom gazing at the wall, i followed her gaze. the clock was on the wall, it read 10:30.darn it.

"honey, the movers will be here at 11:30, so if you want to say goodbye to Jacob you better go over now. don't be too long."

"ok! bye!" i yelled as i walked out the door.

i go next door to a little, petite house with flowers in the front. the mother loved gardening.

DING!

i rang the door bell, and almost three seconds after someone answered the door. a new personal record.

"hey Kairi!" a 11 year old boy with medium brown hair answered the door. his hair was a little shaggy, it reminded me of a hairstyle catalog model. He was wearing a batman t-shirt with blue shorts.

"hey, Jacob, I’m leaving to go to my new house soon. i wanted to say goodbye”

"ok, thanks, bye, we're gonna miss you."

"KAIRI! COME HERE! THE MOVERS ARE HERE!"

Oh, well, i guess i have to go, bye, Jacob! I’ll miss you!"

"bye"

i walk back down the path, get into the car, and drive away. i started to whimper, witch turned into crying as we drove away.

"goodbye, daddy" i thought as i stared back at the house.

"honey, don't cry, you'll make all new friends in our new house! and guess what? we have a pool, your own play room, and your own bathroom! you'll feel better when we get there. just wait"

my crying went back to a whimper.

"okay"