Chapter One- Murder on Yavin

Start from the beginning

Her lightsabers were activated. My mom and dad drew lightsabers of their own.

 My mom and dad drew lightsabers of their own

"Masters Wayne and Kyle

"Masters Wayne and Kyle. I've been looking forward to an encounter with you. And it's a pleasure to meet you, Slade." She said.

"I'll never go with you." I replied, as I drew my vibrosword.

" I replied, as I drew my vibrosword

"You have no choice, boy. Come with me, and your family will live." Ventress said.

I glared at Ventress and prepared to attack.

"Talk is cheap. Just shut up and fight!" I replied.

My mom and dad engaged Ventress. The droids began shooting at me, but I took them out without any trouble. Then I watched in horror and amazement. My mom and dad are good fighters, but Ventress was pretty skilled herself and she's strong with the dark side of the Force. I ran in and knocked Ventress back with a Snap Kick to the face.

"Stay away from them!" I yelled angrily, as I charged at Ventress.

Ventress was fast, but I was much faster. Our swords clashed and none of us could score a blow on the other.

"You've got some skill, Slade. But it won't be enough to save you." Ventress said mockingly.

"Shut up!" I replied.

We continued to clash blades and my parents watched in amazement.

"Why aren't my lightsabers cutting through your sword?" Ventress asked angrily.

"Because it's made of Phrik, the toughest metal in the galaxy. So lightsabers cannot cut through it." I answered.

I backflipped away and prepared to finish her off. Ventress charged at me, but I shot my right arm forward and sent her flying into a wall with a powerful Force Push.

"Begone!" I yelled.

Ventress smashed her back into the wall and fell to the floor with a thud. She struggled to her feet, clearly refusing to give up.

"You'll pay for that!" She screamed.

Ventress threw her lightsabers. Thinking that she was gonna kill me, I quickly went into a split and ducked my head. But to my surprise, they flew over me. Suddenly I heard screams of agony. I stood up and looked over my shoulder. I saw that Ventress' lightsabers had been thrown at my family.

"No!" I yelled, as I ran to my mother's side.

"Slade, remember your promise to remain in the light. You can do it. I know you can. We love you." My mother said, before dying in my arms.

I look at my father mournfully.

"Your mother's right, Slade. Learn what you can from the Sith, and then leave them to join the Jedi. The Jedi can help you. And remember, love will set you free. It will also give you the strength to resist the dark side. But there's only one member of the Jedi that can save you; Anakin Skywalker's padawan, Ahsoka Tano." My father whispered.

"Thank you, father. I won't let you down. And I promise, I will avenge you and mother. I'll make you proud." I replied silently.

"I know you will. Now go." My father said, as he took his last breath and dies.

I turned my attention back to Ventress and glared at her.

"Fine. I'll come with you. But don't think that this is the end, Ventress. You and your Separatist friends are gonna pay for this. I will avenge my family." I said angrily, pointing the blade of my vibrosword at her.

Ventress smirked.

"I'll remember that. But I should warn you, Darth Sidious is more powerful than my own master. And he doesn't forgive failures. So you'd better behave." She replied.

I just glared back without showing any signs of fear.

"Don't count on it. No one murders my family, and gets away with it." I hissed, as I sheathed my vibrosword and used the Force to telekinetically summon my parent's lightsabers into my hands, for I decided to take them as a reminder of my family, and my promise to avenge them.

We climbed on board her ship, and headed for Dathomir. But what I didn't know, is that Anakin Skywalker was watching what happened. Unbeknownst to me and my family, Anakin had been sent on a secret mission to keep an eye on me. And he saw what happened to my family. He also knew that I wasn't willingly joining the Sith. He could sense that I was conflicted. I was capable of harnessing power from both sides of the Force, but at the moment, the Force within me is unbalanced.

*Anakin's POV*

Ventress departed with Slade, but unlike her, I sensed that he's capable of harnessing power from both sides of the Force without letting go of the light. I had a feeling that he was gonna learn dark side powers, but the Force told me that Slade was planning to deceive the Sith and join us in the future. I activated my comlink and contacted my master.

"Master, Ventress got away with Slade. And she murdered his family. However, I sense that Slade isn't going to join the Sith willingly. In fact, I think there's a good chance that he won't be fully corrupted. I watched the fight unfold and Slade showed great skill in combat. Bruce and Selina taught him well." I explained.

"You did your best, Anakin. I'll inform master Yoda of the endeuver. Maybe he knows a way to save Slade before he becomes fully corrupted." Obi-Wan replied from the other end.

"You're right master. But I overheard master Wayne's last words. I know that romantic relationships are against the code, but according to what Bruce told his son, love is the only thing that can set Slade free and give him the strength to resist the dark side. And the only one capable of that, is Ahsoka." I said.

"Hmmm. That certainly is puzzling. But I have a feeling that master Wayne is right. Love probably is the only thing that can help Slade break free and come into the light. And Ahsoka may very well be the only one who can save him." Obi-Wan replied.

"I'm on my way back to the temple. Ahsoka needs to know what's going on. She needs to know that she's the only one who can save Slade." I said.

"We'll see you soon. And I hope this works." Obi-Wan replied.

"You're not the only one, master. I sensed that Slade is stronger than me. And under the right circumstances, he could wipe out the Sith with a wave of his hand. With that kind of power, he'll make a valuable ally for the Republic." I said.

"You're right, Anakin. He would be a powerful ally for the Republic. Masters Yoda and Windu can help Slade balance the Force within him. But for now, we'll just have to wait and see." Obi-Wan replied.

I climbed into my starfighter and made a beeline for Corousant.