Chapter Five- Confrontation on Mustafar

"A race against time! After a successful mission of returning the Huttlet to Jabba, padawan Ahsoka Tano wishes to locate Slade's lair. Knowing that the Separatists would easily track him down, Slade didn't tell Ahsoka Tano, Anakin Skywalker and Braedey Martin exactly where his lair was. But the former Sith apprentice gave them a clue as to where to look for his home. The clever boy tells them that his lair is on the volcanic planet of Mustafar, while pointing out that the tracking beacon Ahsoka attached to his ship will provide the coordinates. Sensing an opportunity to save him, Ahsoka informs the Jedi Order of their next move.

Jedi Council Chamber: Ahsoka's POV

Braedey, myself and SkyGuy were at a meeting with the Jedi Council to decide what our next move should be.

"So Slade has been working undercover all this time?" Master Windu asked.

"Yes, master Windu. While we were on Teth, Slade told me that he has been deceiving the Separatists the whole time. It turns out that he hid the light within himself and was waiting for the perfect moment to embrace it." Master Kenobi answered.

"It's true, master. During our confrontation with Ventress, Ahsoka and I sensed conflict within him, but the hairless harpy didn't notice. While master Skywalker was fighting her, Ahsoka and I engaged Slade. However, he was hesitant." Braedey said.

"Yes. When I told him that he doesn't have to be a slave to the dark side, he lowered his hood and smiled. His eyes were not those of a Sith. Slade revealed that he has been deceiving the Sith all along and has been longing to meet me. Then he ran towards Ventress and SkyGuy. At first, Braedey and I thought he lied. But Slade didn't attack master Skywalker. He told SkyGuy to get out of the way, and while Anakin stepped aside, Slade went after Ventress." I replied.

I showed them a holographic recording of the battle. And the Council was shocked to see Slade going after Ventress.

"Out of the way, Skywalker!" the hologram of Slade exclaimed.

At that moment, master Skywalker dodged Slade's incoming attack while the latter targeted Ventress before sending her crashing into the wall.

"Clever, he is. Made the right choice, Slade has." Master Yoda said.

"Slade even confronted Dooku while we were on Tattooine. I sensed that Slade was victorious. He even saved me and the padawans from some MagnaGuards by shooting them from the cockpit of his ship." SkyGuy replied.

"He fought Count Dooku and won?" Master Windu asked?

"Yes. The Force told me that Slade was using his anger against Dooku, and yet he wasn't giving into the temptations of the dark side. When he left the planet after we returned the Huttlet, I sensed his connection with the Force becoming balanced." Braedey answered.

"I sense it too. His love for Ahsoka seems to give him the strength to utilize his dark side powers without letting go of the light. Master Wayne was right. Love really can save him after all." Master Windu replied.

"I activated that tracking beacon as he took off. Slade gave us a clue of where to find his lair before he left Tattooine. It's on Mustafar." I said.

The coordinates from the Beacon came through.

"Padawan Tano, we will send master Faye to Mustafar. You and Barriss will accompany her there and bring Slade to Corousant." Master Windu said.

"Yes, master." I replied.

(Meanwhile)

Mustafar: Slade's POV

I arrived at Mustafar as I came out of hyperspace. It felt good to be free from slavery to the Sith, even though I still had my dark side powers. It didn't take long for me to find my castle.