10. Field Trip in Varanasi

"I told you a lot of times already!! I am sorry!! I didn't mean to talk to you like that. I was just really angry and fired up."

"That's still no way to talk to a woman that way. Whether your drunk in whatever or not." Kichou insisted as Polnareff sighed. Polnareff had a hard time apologizing to the other silver haired person in the Joestar Group. Kichou had been ranting about how 'No woman should be talked like that.' For around 30 mins already and she has no signs of stopping.

Yep... she's still pissed.

Nena just curiously looked at both silver haired fella. Kichou having much more lighter and shinier shade of silver than on Polnareff's grayish-silver ones.

"Wait... You're on your period, right?! That's why you're so pissy!" Polnareff cheered as Kichou stood up on the bus, probably wanting to strangle Polnareff right there, right now. Before she could behead Polnareff or cut his balls, a strong arms wrapped around her waist as Jotaro carried her to the seats across where she was sitting.

She was transferred to the left side of the bus, on the second row just next to the window. Jotaro sat beside her as he tipped his cap to cover his eyes.

"What are you---"

"I can't sleep with you and Polnareff bickering." He said without looking at her. Kichou stared at him as she admired his chiseled face and defined jawline.

If god existed, Jotaro might one of his favorite person. She momentarily forgot everything Polnareff said as she lost herself while staring at him.

"Woman, are you just gonna stare at me the whole ride to Varnasi?"

Kichou wordlessly yet comically focused her gaze outside the window while Jotaro look at her weirdly. He noticed the tip of her ears were in a deep red shade.

"Ahem. Tension." Joseph, who sat across the two teens, teased as he faked cough. Jotaro looked at Kakyoin for a silent explanation but Kakyoin just guiltily averted his eyes, whistling a very popular love song.

Yare Yare Daze...

~~~~~~~~~~

Two hours in riding the bus and two hours with Polnareff talking to Nena, Kichou woke up as she noticed that they are almost at the borders of Varnasi. Her neck was stiff. As she was about to move to get a better view of the entrance of the city, she was stopped by the heavy weight of Jotaro leaning toward her. His head was on top of hers as she buried his face into her hair. Kichou blushed heavily as she felt Jotaro stirred beside him.

What on earth....

"Stop moving...Your hair is so soft." Jotaro quietly grumbled.

"Thanks, I try to wash it regularly. I hope you didn't drool on my hair. But seriously though, you're heavy, get off." Kichou dismissed every intrusive thought she has in her head. Jotaro is only a close friend.

Right?

Jotaro got off her as they have entered the Borders of Varnasi. Beside the road near the riverbank, there were a few people doing those meditation shenanigans, some even defying the laws of logic. One man had his head buried on to the ground. One is doing a... neck stand?... On a pile of nails. One was having himself boiled in a pan while meditating.

"Over there... Something is burning." Jotaro says as Kichou looked at the scenario of what he meant.

"It's a person. It looks like he's being cremated." The silver haired female looked in awe.

Jotaro looked at his grandfather as he notice him being quiet, the thing is... He is never quiet.

"What's wrong Jiji? You're not looking too good."