𝕎𝕖𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 ℂ𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕚𝕖𝕤

I gulped. This right here was what determined one of the biggest things as part of my school life. Dumbledore motioned for me to sit down on a small wooden chair. I shuffled over and took a seat and made sure to wipe my clammy hands on my robe. The headmaster shuffled around in a huge wardrobe before pulling out a tattered brown hat. "This right here is the sorting hat. When you put it on it will look inside your head and choose which house is best fitted for you." He said placing the hat in front of me. He nodded as if to tell me to put it on. Slowly I neared my hands towards it and picked it up, gently placing it on my head. At first nothing happened but then I heard a small voice inside my head. Well who do we have here. This is my first sorting this year. The hat roared with laughter and almost caused me to throw it off my head. Now young Miss which house do you want to be in. This statement threw me off. I was able to choose? The whole time I just thought no Slytherin. Anything but Slytherin. Hmmm, you might do well in Gryffindor because of your bravery, but your empathy looks towards Hufflepuff. I smiled. Either of these houses were fine. Oh? What's this I see? Your ambition proves you to be worthy of another house. At first I thought that the hat must be talking about Ravenclaw, so I smiled a bit more. My mom and dad liked the house Ravenclaw. They said it was for those who were intelligent and good thinkers. Right when I thought the hat had chosen Ravenclaw it barked out. "Madamn will be placed in Slytherin!" Its shrill voice pierced my ear drums. I almost had no time to realize what it said. Not Slytherin. 

"Headmaster that can't be right!" I pleaded with him, but it only made him laugh.

"The sorting hat is never wrong." He chuckled and placed it under his arm. 

"This time it must be. Can I just try it again? Please?" I begged him, but he just nodded his head, which made me bow mine in sorrow. 

"Slytherin is a very admirable house, Harmony. You'll make many friends there." He reassured me and put his hand on my shoulder, to tell me to get up. I didn't say another word. I wasn't about to tell him that I already had bad blood between pretty much the whole house. If I had known that this would have been the outcome of my sorting I would have never dared to cross Pansy and Draco's path. I sauntered after Dumbledore and made my steps short to delay the arrival to my doom. I could hear the chattering voices that were coming from the hallway. I took a deep breath and entered the great hall. Nobody paused to notice my arrival, which was good for me I guess. Dumbledore pointed towards the Slytherin table and I began to make my way over. I say Draco's white hair and I heard Pansy's sour voice as I neared it. The whole table turned their heads as I sat down. I prepared myself for their slander. "Well I didn't expect to see your face here." Sneered Pansy, earning me a few un kind looks from other house members.

"Trust me this was my last choice." I told her and she laughed. Putting her hand on Draco's shoulder. 

"Why Victor? Slytherin is the best house here. Exactly why you don't deserve to be in it." Spat Draco, his cold eyes burning into me. I gave him the middle finger and turned around to face a small girl that was sitting beside me. She had a look of sympathy on her face. Her blond hair was pulled into a long braid and her brown eyes studied me carefully. 

"Don't listen to him. He's always sour." She consoled.

"Thank you, he'll definitely take some getting used to." I managed to let out a small giggle. 

"I'm Daphne Greengrass by the way. Maybe we can be bunk mates." She suggested, which made me feel slightly better about the state of affairs. I still wasn't sure about what I was going to tell my parents. My dad especially. He despised the house.

"Harmony Victor. That would be great!" I grinned at her trying to forget about all my other problems. Just as she was about to say something a loud booming voice silenced the whole hall.

"Welcome students, teachers, and other staff to another year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I hope to make this year as good as the last. We do have our new batch of first years joining us this year, who will be sorted shortly after this speech. We also have so transfers to please welcome all our new students with kindness. Classes will start tomorrow, so make sure you get a good nights sleep. Now let's get started with the sorting and the eating." The hall erupted with loud cheering and everyones plates filled up. I looked around and tried to find Harry, Ron, and Hermione. I saw them at the Gryffindor table laughing together and immediately felt a pang of jealousy in my heart. I wished I could have joined them. Hermione's eyes met mine and she waved at me. I waved back, and turned to see all the first years going up one at a time to get sorted. For a second I was grateful that my sorting was done in private, because each and every students face was filled with fear as they approached the hat. I gave my attention back to the delicious food that was in front of me. I spooned it into my mouth while the hat shouted a different house every minute. To pass the time I chatted with Daphne and a couple other students who didn't shun me for being part of their house. After what seemed like an eternity the sorting hat shouted its last house and the hall was silenced by Dumbledore once again. "Now students let's go to bed and prepare for an eventful day of classes." He shouted and the doors flung open and house by house the students shuffled out to their dormitories. 

"Come on Harmony. Let's go. When we go to bed I can tell you a little bit about the gossip at this school." She giggled excitedly and grabbed my hand. I would be lying if I said I wasn't exited.

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖

Ty for reading! I hope you enjoyed it. Leave suggestions in the comments (:

<3 H