𝔽𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝔻𝕒𝕪

I woke up to the feeling of sun rays poking through my blinds. They tickled my eyes as I got up and stretched. I took in a big breath of the fresh air and laid back down in bed. The comfort of my bed sheets was not an easy place to leave. Today was going to be a big day. I was finally transferring from Beaux-batons Academy of Magic to Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry. I was going to be joining the fifth year students. If you're wondering why, it was because my father had gotten a new job at the Ministry which required for him to work closer to Hogwarts. I can't say that I wasn't disappointed about leaving, but deep down I craved freedom and new beginnings. Of course the nerves were there, pounding within my stomach. I let out a sigh and finally jumped out of bed and walked carefully to the bathroom. My parents were still asleep so I tried not to wake them. Usually I didn't wake up early but I wanted to look good and make a great first impression on my first day. I was set to catch the Hogwarts Express at 11:00, so I still had a good three hours to prepare. The door to the bathroom slowly creaked open as I twisted the door knob. I brushed my long brown hair until the ends curled the way I wanted and I was satisfied with my reflection. Next came makeup. Makeup wasn't my strong suit but I made the best with the skills I was given. After what seemed like and eternity I was happy with the way I had made over my face.

 I slipped out of the bathroom and tiptoed down to the kitchen to make myself some breakfast. The stairs screeched as I descended down which made me wince hoping my mom and dad hadn't woken up. As I pondered what to make myself my brain was overrun with thoughts. I wondered what house I might get placed in. What friends I would make. What subjects I would excel in. I tried to convince myself that any house would be fine, which was true for the most part. Except Slytherin. My father often told me stories about how despite what the world said, Slytherin was an evil house. So I guess you can say I grew up with an internalized dislike for them. Brainlessly I wandered outside to sit on the porch and savour my last moments here at home. My mom's roses fluttered gently in the wind and the sun rose slowly over the horizon. I felt a pang of sadness in my heart, knowing that when I saw this place again the roses would be covered with snow and it would be far too cold to enjoy sunrises. I shook my head trying to disperse all negative thoughts as I walked back inside. I poured myself some cool water and popped some bread in the toaster, all while picking up my favourite book. I nestled myself in our kitchen chair and began to read the first page. I had barely finished it when the stairs creaked, singling that someone was coming downstairs. I straightened out and anticipated the grumpy arrival of my mom or dad. My dad stalked into the kitchen wearing a bathrobe and looking half asleep. My dad had always been a strange character. He was short with long black hair and a neat beard. Despite his height he was very intimidating. He flashed me a quick smile before setting on his coffee maker. "Good morning darling." He hummed as he turned around giving me a kiss on the head. 

"Good morning." I smiled at him. He took a seat opposite of me and ran his hands through his dark hair.

"Big day today, huh." He chuckled leaning back in his chair and lighting his pipe. 

"Yes. I'm exited, but nervous at the same time." I replied. He raised his eyebrows and waved his hand at me.

"Oh Harmony, don't worry. You're a great girl, I'm sure you'll make many friends." He said standing up and walking over to pour his coffee. I nodded hoping his words were true. He stepped outside and took a long draw of smoke before releasing it into the air. I grimaced. My mom hated it when he smoked. So that's why he was up early. My mom was the muggle of the family. She joked about how she was the only "normal" person in our unit. My parents never spoke about how they met. They always resorted to the cliché "love at first sight" story, but I felt there was more to it. My thoughts were abruptly interrupted when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I spun my head around quickly, only to be met with my mom's smiling face. She was fully dressed up and ready. I strange sight for my mom so early in the morning. "Hi Harmony. How are you feeling?" She chirped.

"I'm good mom. I just finished packing this morning, so I'm all ready." I smiled.

"That's good. Now the train leaves in a couple hours, so I figured I could take you shopping to get some frivolous essentials." She winked at me. 

"Perfect. Let me just get dressed and we can go." I ran upstairs into my room, desperate to pick out something nice. Maybe I wasn't so nervous after all.

𝔸𝕦𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕤 ℕ𝕠𝕥𝕖

Hi guys! Thank you for reading! More Draco content in the next chapter I promise! This is my first fic so please go easy one me and leave suggestions in the comments (: Ily all!

<3 H