Blaise laughed, "You are a good one King, I say it is some ministry fool and how they leave..." He paused and looked towards the others, "What ideas do you all have?"

Daphne and Millicent shared an amused look, "I bet ten galleons it's someone on our side, it'd be good to have a competent teacher for once." Daphne said while examining her nails.

Harry raised his eyebrow as Maxima bit her lip, "Our side? So against Tom?" Harry looked steadily at Daphne.

Daphne looked to the others as she grimaced, "Okay, so that approach wasn't a good one I shall admit but all Slytherins aren't evil, Potter."

"Call me Harry, and I know. I've been owling Draco. I'm asking what side are you on?"

Neville held his plant nervously as Luna read her magazine upside down, Ginny seemed to be staring her down. Maxima raised her eyebrow in question and Ginny looked away. The other Slytherins looked towards each other before responding as one, "On yours Po-." Daphne paused before looking at Harry, "Harry. We've all talked before and while we never understood blood purity that much but we still adore our old traditions. "

Harry nodded, "To each their own."

Soon they started talking bout anything that came to mind. The food trolley had come and gone. They had shared their sweets and an hour passed. There was an intense debate between Maxima and Theodore about Wandlore when the door opened with a bang, there stood Hermione Granger with Ron Weasley beside her. Draco standing behind them.

Hermione paused when she saw just whose company they were in but recovered just as quickly. Ron was a bit slower and Draco just nodded and sat near Blaise. Hermione sat by Ginny and Ron flopped near Harry and Neville.

"Well, there are two fifth-year prefects from each house," said Hermione, looking thoroughly irritated, "Boy and girl from each."

"And guess who's the female Slytherin prefect?" said Ron, still with his eyes closed.

The female Slytherins in the room groaned simultaneously as did Draco as Blaise and Theodore laughed. Harry and the others looked confused as Theodore spoke, "It's Parkinson isn't it?"

Hermione nodded once as though it pained her to admit it. Theodore and Blaise laughed harder. Blaise stopped only to choke out a sentence, "What happened to Professor Snape!? He's usually on point with appointing prefects!"

The Slytherins shrugged and they looked to Neville who spoke, "Who are Hufflepuff's?"

"Ernie Macmillan and Hannah Abbott," said Draco thoughtfully, "They're decent people I suppose. Good allies, good head and presence."

Millicent scoffed, "Puh-lease. Macmillan is easily swayed and submits under pressure."

Hermione looked thoughtful and nodded along as did most of the people.

Ginny spoke up, "Who's for Ravenclaw?"

"Anthony Goldstein and Padma Patil," said Hermione.

Luna with her vague voice spoke up and looked to Harry, "You went to the Yule Ball with Padma Patil."

Harry nodded slowly, "Yeah?"

Everyone turned to look at Luna, "She didn't enjoy it very much," Luna informed him. "She doesn't think you treated her very well, because you wouldn't dance with her. I don't think I'd have minded," she added thoughtfully, "I don't like dancing very much."

Maxima laughed, "I don't either! Years of formal practice have ruined it for me." Some of the Slytherins were voicing their agreement except a few, *cough* Draco, Daphne and Blaise. *cough*

Luna looked towards Maxima who was smiling and reiterated with one of her own before retreating behind her magazine.

As the conversation continued, Harry saw the Quibbler fall down and asked to read it. Once he was done, Ron had asked if it was any good. Maxima recognised the scene, and before Hermione could comment Millicent did, " While it's not the most informative or sometimes accurate, it's interesting."

Luna's voice wasn't as icy in the books but it was cool, "Excuse me, My father is the editor."

Blaise smiled, "We didn't mean it like that Luna, we just meant a few articles. Those who are in the know, know that Sirius Black is innocent and wrongly accused instead of someone else being a singer."

Luna had regained her dreamy look as she smiled and read her magazine again. They continued their ride in comfortable silence which was filled with idle chatter now and then. The weather was drab and Maxima felt her mood shift with it. Maxima swirled her tongue to trace the mandrake leaf, Professor McGonagall knew and agreed to teach her if she but Maxima had argued and said that she'd register after the Tom was taken down. Every trick up her sleeve kept her one step away from her doom.

Harry wanted in too, he knew his patrons and knew what form he was going to take. Maxima just laughed in his face as he asked what she was laughing at. Maxima had just shaken her head since then Harry seemed a bit...wary? No, curious? Maxima didn't exactly know how Harry reacted but the way he was embarrassed when Neville's plant exploded and Chang saw, yeah. Maxima sighed as she stared the clouds. The weather was just like her mood, despite being excited to officially go to Hogwarts Maxima felt her happiness pop like a balloon when she realised, if she wanted Harry to be happy, she'd have to give him up.

Maxima shook her head to see Poseidon raising a paw, she took it and squeezed it. She dropped it and started patting Poseidon. She smiled as she felt the warmth from him. Once she had started meditation for practice and she discovered a warm amber thread connected to her core and when she followed it she found that it led to Poseidon. She had tackled Poseidon to hug him, it was obvious, yes but still the proof was nice.

At last, the train began to slow down and they heard the usual racket as everybody scrambled to get their luggage and pets assembled. Maxima rolled her eyes, why the rush Maxima never understood. The prefects were supposed to supervise all this so Draco, Hermione and Ron left.

Maxima breathed in the smell of the pine trees that lined the path. Hagrid's call was not heard as he had left early. In the books, it wasn't mentioned when he left but Dumbledore admitted he would send him in late July so Maxima sent Hagrid early.

She saw Harry staring at the Thestrals and trying to convince Ron about what was there. She could see them too. One day when she went to the hospital, she heard a mother scream when her baby died. Maxima saw through the open door her wailing and crying. Maxima's heart ached so much.

She, and Luna, reassured Harry that it was fine. Maxima recommended a book where he could read about them. That set him at ease far more than Luna's statement. Maxima smiled, before climbing into the carriage after Poseidon and before Harry.

The carriage set off towards the castle and Maxima felt her nerves tingle. To a better future.

(A/N): HEEEEEEEEEEEEYOOOOO! How are you guys? Hope everything is good for you!Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, My life schedule's been packed and i have barely time to STUDY, let alone write

Sorry I haven't uploaded in a while, My life schedule's been packed and i have barely time to STUDY, let alone write.

ENJOY THIS CHAPTER!!

Laugh Loud and Be Proud.

Word Count: 1818 Words