"You can just call me Hotch, it's a pleasure to meet you as well. I've heard a lot about you." He replied, opening the door to his office for you, following behind as you went to sit.

You smiled a little, moving some of your H/C hair behind your ear.

"I hope it was all good. I know Olivia likes to brag about me a lot." You joked, which only made Hotch smile briefly before going back to his usual straight face.

"So, have you had any contact with him at all? Have you received any sort of gifts or notes recently?" He asked, getting straight to the point.

You chewed on your lips anxiously, something you did too often.

"No, nothing sir. It's been suspiciously quiet. No unknown callers, nothing." You started, looking straight at him. "Part of me wants to think that he's moved on, maybe even picked up a new hobby, but another part just thinks he's doing this to make me think that. I'm constantly looking over my shoulder, which was probably his main goal...to strike fear in me wherever I go." You finished, looking down at your hands.

Hotch just sighed, nodding his head and closing your file.

"Well, if there is any sign of him here, we'll be sure to do our best to catch him." He reassured "Just try and not let it get to you too much, like you said he could just be in it to just toy with you. Most unsubs like to see their victims scared, it's just how they show their power."

He stood up, reaching his hand out in front of him "Welcome to the team, Agent Y/L/N."

You shook his hand, smiling softly. You couldn't get what he had just said out of your head though...had he just called you a victim? You hadn't thought of yourself as one, and it made you think. You just shook the thoughts away for now, following him out of his office.

"So we meet just in there for cases at 9 o'clock every morning. There's the kitchen area over there, and after we've discussed today's case we'll get find you a desk." He said, looking back at you for a moment as you both entered a large room with a round table in the middle and a screen in the front.

There sat five people, who looked at Hotch and then you as you walked in.

"We'll have time for introductions after we've briefed the case. JJ, go ahead." Hotch nodded his head towards the blonde woman, who just returned the nod.

Before she spoke, another blonde woman, the one from earlier, quickly walking into the room.

"Sorry, my sweets, had a little problem with making my tea." She chuckled nervously with a mug in her hand as she sat down. She noticed your presence in the room which made her eyes grow big. "Hey wait a min-"

"Introductions later." Hotch spoke sternly, which made the woman nod in response.

The other blonde woman waited a moment before grabbing a small remote and pointing it towards the screen, revealing pictures of what it seems to be like a family of four, all with stab wounds. You watched the woman you met earlier turn away from the screen. You quickly made the assumption that she didn't go out on the field, so she had to be the technical analyst of the team.

"This is the Morales family, they were all found dead in their home last night in Denver, Colorado. Their next door neighbor were the ones who found them..." She went on to describe the case more. You just continued standing, observing and taking in all the information about the case.

"So were they all killed in the living room together or were they killed separately and then the Unsub dragged them into the living room afterwards?" A dark haired woman spoke up, and a darker skinned man looked at her, and back at the photos.