prologue

Your team had finally found the exact location of the unsubs hideout

Your team had finally found the exact location of the unsubs hideout. You kept this to yourself, but you were slightly nervous for this case specifically, this unsub gave you the creeps.

You tightened your bulletproof vest around your torso and made sure your gun was secure in its holster. As you all made your way there, crowded in the black suburban, you glanced over at Maria, your closet friend on the team. She looked back at you, and immediately knew how you were feeling.

She reached for your hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "We're gonna be fine, this'll be over faster than you know it." She reassured, which made you relax a little, but you couldn't shake this weird feeling down in your stomach.

The car came to a very aggressive stop in front of an abandoned building, at least from the outside it looked abandoned.

Everyone piled out of the car, the swat team piled out of their trucks as well, already making their way towards the building. Your boss, Agent Olivia Stark looked at you and Maria, signaling that she wanted you both to head through the back and that the rest will follow through the front.

You both nodded and unholstered your weapons, and made your way to the back of the building, scanning for any sort of back entrance.

"Over here, Mar." You whispered, your grip on your gun tightening as you open the door slowly, trying to prevent any noise that could possibly expose your presence there.

You looked over your shoulder, making sure Maria was there behind you. Taking a deep breath, you walked inside, aiming your gun in different directions and moving quickly but quietly.

There was a staircase just up ahead of you both, but to your guys my right, there was a hallway. You sighed softly, looking over at Maria, who already knew what you were thinking.

"We're not splitting up, Y/N." She said in a stern, but calm tone.

You looked away briefly and look back at her, shaking your head.

"I'm just gonna check up there, he might not even be here." You responded, your feet moving towards the stairs, but a hand pulled you back.

"Y/L/N, I'm serious-" She started, but you cut her off.

"I'll be fine, I'm a big girl." Was all you said before heading swiftly up the stairs.

You managed to make your way down a hallway, spotting a half opened door, the room seemed to be brightly lit. You held your gun back in front of you, your finger near, but not on the trigger. Your breath was slow and steady, each step you took was carefully made to avoid any sudden loud noises.