one

You stood alone in the elevator that went up to the Behavioral Analysis Unit

You stood alone in the elevator that went up to the Behavioral Analysis Unit. It was the first day at this new branch, and you were anxious as hell.

You rented out the apartment Stark had picked out for you, but your furniture wouldn't be arriving until the end of the week, which was unfortunate.

Maria had offered to watch your dog, Milo, which you gratefully accepted. You missed him, but you didn't want to drag him through the process of all this moving, so you wanted to keep him in New York.

You blinked a few times as the elevator doors opened, revealing multiple people walking around to wherever they were going. Your stomach was in knots.

"Jesus, why am I so nervous all the time." You mumbled to yourself.

Stepping out of the elevator, your eyes scanned for a restroom.

There wasn't one in sight, so asking where one was would be your best bet. You glanced around for someone that looked helpful, your eyes landing on a cheery looking blonde woman with glasses heading in your direction.

You summoned up the courage to walk up to her, smiling politely.

"Um, hi, is there a bathroom around here by any chance?" You asked, looking at her.

She smiled brightly at you, nodding her head and pointing to the right of you both.

"Just over there, sweetie. I love your scarf by the way!" She said in a peppy tone, which managed to brighten your day a little.

"Thank you, I love your whole look. Have a good day." You responded, walking in the direction she pointed.

Walking into the bathroom, you checked the time on your watch, making sure you had enough time before your brief meeting with SSA Hotchner. You had exactly 10 minutes to get your shit together.

You stood in front of the mirror, fixing your appearance a little. You turned on the faucet and ran the water, taking some and splashing your face.

You turned off the water and grabbed a paper towel, dabbing your face to dry it off. You stared at yourself, taking deep breaths.

"You got this, Y/L/N. You're an FBI Agent for Christ's sake." You spoke, giving yourself a quick pep talk.

You nodded your head and grabbed your bag, throwing it around your shoulder and leaving the restroom quickly and wondering back to where you were.

Your eyes wandered the area, looking for anyone that looked "large and in charge". You felt a presence beside you, your eyes darting to the person who had approached you.

"Agent Y/L/N?" A tall, dark haired man spoke in a deep, monotone tone. The man looked didn't looked phased at anything.

"Yes, you must be SSA Hotchner, pleasure to meet you, sir." You both shook hands as he gestured to where his office was.