Free Falling

CHAPTER EIGHT: Free Falling.

"The score 50 40 to Gryffindor!"

Bell dodged a few Hufflepuffs and tossed it to Johnson, who made a curveball sot that was intercepted by Applebee leading to another Hufflepuff shot by Malcolm Pearce.

Standing under a large blue umbrella, we booed as Hufflepuff made a flyby.
"I still can't get my head around your friendship with Malfoy," Hermione said as she cheered for her house team.
I shrugged," Everyone needs a non-biased talk every now and then."
"Malfoy is not non-biased." Hadleigh spoke," Just the other day he threw a rotten apple at Collin Creevy."
I rolled my tongue on the roof of my mouth," True, but as he's not a part of our danger squad – he gives good advice sometimes."
"Like what?" Hermione asked," What kind of gold plate goes with pecan pie?"
I pushed her gently with a smile," No, like Potions and other classes – just normal convocation that doesn't include' hey, is our DADA teacher going to kill us this year?'"
Hadleigh hummed," Yeah, Not gonna lie – I go to Mandy for that cause she's in my Herbology class now."
Hermione wrapped her scarf around her," Talking about no death – this might be the first Halloween where nothing bad –"
"Don't!" We yelled. "Don't jinx it."

A scream caught our attention. A speck of Red was falling from the sky followed by a dementor.
"Cedric Diggory has caught the Snitch!"

There was a flash of bright light sending the dementor away allowing Dumbledore to bring Harry down onto the grassy pitch. Hermione pulled on our arms as she dragged us down the stairs and towards the castle. Whistling for Drizella, she ran up as quickly as she could jumping over the rocks and bypassing other students.
Gryffindor House was left to go back to their dorms as we went to go check of Harry. Behind us, Malfoy walked with his group – taking the piss about Harry's fall, as if he could do any better.
"I heard Diggory wanted to get the match annulled because he didn't think it was fair that Potter fell." Parkinson laughed, "Such a Hufflepuff."
I rolled my eyes, being a Hufflepuff is probably the best house – no drama, always happy and get along with every house pretty much; I can't see anything wrong with that.

The hospital Wing was already full of players that had fallen during the match; Angelina Johnson sat opposite Harry as Madam Pomfrey reset her shoulder with Oliver Wood sitting by her bed.  
Not once was this on my plan of things to do today, sit by Harry Potter's bedside on my birthday.

"Looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron stated as we stood around Harry's bed.
Fred looked at him," Peaky? What d'you expect him to look like? He fell fifty feet."
George smirked," Yeah, c'mon, Ron. We'll walk you off the Astronomy Tower and see how you come out looking."

"Probably has better eyes sight better than he normally does."

We looked down to see Harry waking up, pushing himself up on his elbows.

"Harry! How're you feeling?" Hermione asked.
"Brilliant." Sarcasm dripping from his voice.
Fred sat on the chair next to his bed, "Gave us a right good scare, mate"
Harry looked at us, "What happened?"
"You fell off your broom," Ron exclaimed
Harry looked at us in shock," Really! I meant the match. Who won?"
"Hufflepuff, Cedric tried to get a rematch as he caught the snitch before you fell but it wasn't an option cause logically speaking – he did catch it before you."
Harry looked up at the ceiling defeated, taking the news harder than we expected him too.
"No one blames you, Harry. The Dementors aren't meant to come on the grounds. Dumbledore was furious. After he saved you, he sent them straight off." Hermione said reassuringly, her hands in her lap.

"There's something else you should know, Harry," Ron showed Harry his broke broom, "Your Nimbus - when it blew away? - it sort of landed in the Whomping Willow. And well-"
Harry looked at the item, in face dropping. This was probably the closest Harry had ever been to Heartbreak.
He sniffed the air," What's that smell?"
"Drizzie." I sighed," It's eau de toilette un chein. Want some?"
Harry almost smiled," Hard pass there but I'm ok."
"Your loss." I smiled back.