Bloom felt happiness bubble up inside her.

Then that peaceful bubble was shattered. Diaspro's coy voice spoke up, "Oh and Prince Sky don't forget you have to be back in an hour." 

Bloom's eyebrows shot up in surprise, "An hour? You were supposed to stay til the afternoon. We haven't seen each other in so long." Sky shifted uncomfortably. His blue eyes darted around before settling on her face. He left his arms on her elbows and squeezed gently. "I'm sorry. My dad doesn't want me away for very long."

Right. That was the reason he'd been so distant. Or at least that was the reason he'd always given her. 

Sky looked back at Diaspro and nodded, "See you in an hour."

Bloom watched as Diaspro stared at them for a moment longer before turning back. Soon the hovercraft closed its door and took off, back towards Eraklyon. With Diaspro in the back of her mind, she barely registered Daphne greeting Sky. 

"-couldn't make it. They wanted to greet you, but got stuck in a meeting." Sky chuckled and waved away her concern, "It's totally understandable. Please tell your parents its okay and thank them for the hospitality." 

Daphne smiled. "Of course. Now I'll let you and my sister have your fun." 

Daphne shot her a wink that caused Bloom to giggle. Sky smiled down at her and she relaxed once more. While her sister walked away, Bloom tugged him over to the gazebo. "C'mon. I have a picnic ready for us." 

Their going hands swung in between them while they made their way to the center of the gardens at a leisurely pace. "So... Diaspro?" 

Sky sighed, "I know you don't like her but it's hard to sway my parents. Let's not fight over her please?" There was a hint of desperation in his eyes, like he really wanted to avoid the subject. Possibly because it could develop into an argument, if not a fight. 

Bloom bit her lip. The last thing she wanted to do was to spend their precious time together in an argument. "Fine."

They reached the gazebo that Bloom had set up personally. There was a red and white checkered blanket and a nice large basket that held sandwiches and desserts. A bottle of champagne and two flutes stood next to it. Sky raised an amused eyebrow, "Champagne so early?" 

Bloom shrugged, "I figured we'd have something to drink and it's not like you can stay for dinner." Sky laughed and settled down on the blanket, and Bloom took a seat opposite of him. He immediately reached for the bottle and was quick to your them both a drink. She clinked her glass against his in cheers. He sat with one hand supporting him, but was facing her, and she mimicked his position.

His blonde hair fell slightly into his eyes, and his blue eyes were as crystal clear as ever. She took notice that he was in casual clothes. The same simple shirt and pants he wore whenever he was given off time at Red Fountain. 

"I've missed you." She told him again.

Sky sipped his drink, "Well, for an hour, I'm all yours." 

Together, the two talked the entire time, barely touching their food. Though, Bloom did most of the talking. Every time she tried to redirect the conversation back to him and Eraklyon he deflected or gave a small boring anecdote, claiming that all of his time where was boring and spent doing work. But Bloom didn't mind. So much had been going on with all their friends lately, and she was more than happy to relay all the stories to him. 

"I know the guys miss you too." Bloom added as an afterthought, "But don't tell them I said that. I'm sure they'll deny it." Sky laughed. He was sure that if he ever asked Brandon about it, his squire would vehemently deny everything. "I've missed them too. I get to talk to Brandon every once and awhile, but it's been a long time since I've seen he others."