Chapter Sixty-Two: Western Waters

Magsimula sa umpisa

Umiling siya. "I have no idea but we've searched the whole land. There's only one place left."

Napatingin ulit ako sa karagatan. We are planning to venture the sea today with no equipments at all. I can't understand what we're supposed to do, hindi ba kami malulunod diyan?

"Should we dive and have a contest kung sino ang mas matagal?" suhestiyon ni Feyre.

"What are we looking for anyway?" sumipsip ako sa watermelon juice na nabili.

"Pirates... maybe. Or mermaids."

"Cord~!" tawag ni Aisling habang tumatakbo sa'min. Yes, she's one of the kids. "I have news, you know~"

Hindi sumagot ang lalaki.

"It seems like the pirates found some treasure, you know~ And that could be the key!"

"Saan mo naman nakuha ang impormasyon na 'yan?"

She gave a cheeky grin before stepping aside. A cage with water inside appeared before us. Sa loob nito ay isang sirena na may takot ang mukha.

"Woah, ano 'yan?" ibinaba ni Feyre ang sunglasses niya.

"That's a bird." sagot ni Hex.

Umarteng nagulat si Feyre. "Nasa may paa na pala ang pakpak nila ngayon. The world here sure has evolved."

"Oo naman. Just like you who's using my money for your own benefit."

"Walang connect pero alam kong galit ka lang kaya," nagthumbs-up siya. "Pass baby."

Umirap lang si Hex at hindi na sumagot.

Tumikhim si Aisling. "Anyway! Tsa-ran! I used my powers to get us a mermaid who'll give us in-for-ma-tion~!"

"Powers? What powers?" tanong ni Vesta. Mukhang tapos na ang watergun fight nila.

"Her game master powers..." sagot ni Cord.

Ngumiwi ako. "Is that alright?"

Kinamot ni Aisling ang ulo. "Hehe. Hindi ko alam? This is the first time I did it."

I don't know whether I smiled or grimaced after hearing her answer. Baka both. Lumapit ako sa sirena, her cerulean eyes quickly meet mine. Napakaganda niya, like the perfect woman to bewitch men. Kinuha ko ang susi mula sa bag at ipinakita sa kaniya. She leaned forward to take a closer look.

"Have you seen this?"

"Are you looking for the key who will open the castle doors too? Yes. It was in the hands of the pirates. The king gave it to them."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "The king?"

Tumango ito. "The one who controls the world. The king- awa- o-" gumalaw ang bibig niya ngunit walang salitang lumabas. Then her cerulean eyes went dull. "Why did you trespass the waters, player?"

"What?"

"Why did you trespass the waters, player?"

I blinked and took a step back. This is almost similar to what happened to Aeron. Napapitlag ako nang tapikin ni Cord ang balikat.

"That's the result of a reset. Or Father's way of normalizing the NPC's again. Because as what you've seen, they're capable of making conversations, like they're human and not just pieces of data."

"Which means that Tito must have contributed to the disappearance of the key, you know~" dagdag ni Aisling. "He's moving so that we could not get the key and interfere."

"Paano niya naman nalaman iyon?" tanong ni Voldmir.

"Because he can see everything," sagot ni Cord at tumingala.