Painting and Pasta

"I can't believe I'm doing this," you mutter to yourself while squirting red paint on your palette. You were over at the skele-bros house painting Papyrus. He was standing with one foot on a stool while another was on the ground, he was holding a sword in a dramatic way you'd expect Mettaton to pose in. You sat on a stool with a huge canvas in front of you, you were in the living room, wondering how all the events in your life added up to this moment.

"Human! Make sure to capture all of my greatness!" Papyrus smiled at you with a cheery tune.

"Yup!" You put a thumb up with your non-dominant hand while you continued to paint with your dominant hand. Papyrus's smile widens as he goes back to posing.

"Wow, I'm surprised he's been standing still for so long," Sans states out of nowhere. You jump and go to turn your head only to notice San's head was right next to yours, he was staring at your drawing, his pupils dilated in awe.

"Is he not usually still?" You ask ignoring San's position next to you.

"Nah," Sans backs up "he moves around a lot, I didn't think it was possible for him to stand still." Sans shrugs.

"I see." You continue painting, being as fast as possible without messing up.

"I'm so glad you were able to paint me today human!" Papyrus states happily looking over at you.

"Yeah, my schedule is always open since I'm a freelance artist" you stick your tongue out trying to get a line perfectly straight.

"What does freelance mean?"

"It means that I work for multiple people at multiple times," you perfected the line and continued painting.

"Oh, wow that must be hard," Papyrus gives you a sympathetic look.

"Yeah, I bet she works herself to the bone," Sans chuckles to himself. You look away from your canvas and see that he's now resting on the couch did he teleport? how did he get there

Papyrus groans, "Sans that was a terrible pun!"

"Then why are you smiling?" Sans grins.

"I am not smiling for you, I'm smiling for y/n" You laugh at the two, you thought that their brotherly bond was straight out of a video game. After that whole ordeal the room was silent as you painted, Sans was on the couch on his phone while Papyrus was trying his best to stay still for you. It was like this for fifteen minutes until Sans sat up from his resting position.

"Hm." Sans hums to himself, you look over and almost flinch noticing that his pupils were completely gone. He was staring at his phone, his eyes were completely void like and his permanent smile was completely gone. You go back to painting, doing your best to brush off what you just saw.

"I can't do this anymore!" Papyrus yells running into the kitchen, "staying still is so tiring, I need to do something!" he yells from the kitchen.

You chuckle, "if you need a break just say so," you put down your brush and palette and stretch. "I think I need a break too."

"Good, I'm making us spaghetti now to relax our bones!!" You can hear the excitement in Papyrus's voice.

"Aren't you supposed to say 'relax our nerves'?" 

"Nah, we don't have any nerves to relax, kiddo" Sans chuckles.

"Oh yeah," You stand up and sit next to him on the couch "ah! This is much better than sitting on a stool." You have a relaxed smile.

"I bet," Sans smiles at you, "I wouldn't know though, I mean.." he reminds you that he's made of bones and you laugh.

"Too bad you're made out of bones, you're missing out on the feeling of sitting on something soft." you say in a joking manner.