19 | A Night To Remember

a/n : This shot contains mature scenes, so if anyone of you is not comfortable in reading, I suggest you to skip this one. (:

It had been three hours and exactly twenty eight seconds since Annika was waiting for her boyfriend's call

It had been three hours and exactly twenty eight seconds since Annika was waiting for her boyfriend's call. He was probably having his head into that one single piece of document, finding loopholes. She was frustrated at this point, neither was he picking up her call or replying to her message.  

With her head hanging low, a yawn escaped her mouth. It had been a year since they had started dating but half of the time, he was immersed in his work. Which did irk Annika but she also understood that he really looked working, he was a workaholic. But she did crave for his attention, she always did. Those two hours of dates every weekend wasn't enough, though they both talked a lot on the phone. Sighing, she sat on her bed. 

The phone beside her vibrated and for some split of seconds she thought it was him, her boyfriend. But to her dismay, it was a text message for Daksh. Groaning, she threw her phone aside, she wasn't in a mood to reply to anyone. It was three in the morning and there she laid on her bed, wide awake. 

She had cursed Shivaay a lot of times in her head. Where was this guy and what was he doing? She had been barging about her birthday since a month and he decided to vanish into thin air only today? Maybe she should sleep and try not to think about him but how could she not? 

Annika gazed at the photo frame kept on the side table, it had a picture of him and her, on a horse. Shivaay held her securely by her waist while she was looking terrified. Annija clearly remembered how Shivaay made fun of her by showing her that photo after the next week. There was no doubt he was the best boyfriend but she wanted all of his attention, all of him. 

When her eyes started to shut, she heard a noise. Someone was banging at the door. Was it him? Annika got up, sprinting towards the door and opening it to find out it was indeed him. "How did you come in? Did mom let you in?" Annika looked outside to find no one out except from her boyfriend. 

"Remember this?" Shivaay showed her the key he was holding. The house's key. Annika rolled her eyes, clearly knowing that she had given him the key some months ago with her parent's consent. Grabbing it from his hands, she was about to shut the door on his face when he stopped her by holding the door firmly. "And what do you think you are doing?" Annika threw a glare at him. 

"Well, you see. There was this lonely girl who craved for her boyfriend's attention but he was too busy all the time and it just made the girl sad.  So one day she decided to grab a knife and stab it right into his heart" Shivaay caught her humor and started to laugh. Annika was about to close the door yet again but this time he, himself stood in front of her. 

"What? Just go. Do whatever you were doing. I am sure that you had a hard leaving behind your first love, your laptop all alone" 

"Babe, please. I am really sorry. I really lost the track of the time. Please let me in"