2

"jaemin. i'm na jaemin."

and once again, mumbles and whispers were heard from all across the room.

"oh my god, first day of school and renjun already has a gambling match?"

"are they gonna play you-know-what?"

"everyone set it up already!"

oh, the classroom was filled with noises as the room was being set up. they placed a decent-sized box placed on the teacher's table.

"may i ask, what are we going to play today?" renjun said with a soft voice, tilting his head (cutely) in curiosity. the other laughed and slumped back on the chair.

"we're going to play ballot rock paper scissors. every student in the classroom, except us, would cast votes between the three options. they have a piece of ballot paper which will be placed in the box, and the two of us has to pick three without looking. though before that, we have to set our bets," jaemin explained as he shows the ballot papers which were in his hands. "that's basically it. simple, right?"

"mhm, and of course, we'd still need chips right?" renjun asked and jaemin nodded.

"bring it here, puppy," jaemin commanded as he looked at jeno, and the boy scurried to get the chips.

"wanna start with a hundred chips?"

renjun nodded at that with a wide smile on his face.

"each chip would represent one hundred dollars. meaning, all of your chips in total would be equal to ten thousand dollars," the blue haired boy said as he split the chips, each of them having a hundred.

"so, how many rounds would you want to have?"

the chinese boy tapped his cheeks as he thinks, "hmm, five rounds would be fun!"

"you seem pretty excited about this, angel," jaemin chuckled while nodding his head. "five rounds it is."

"so, let's start the fun."

jaemin and renjun were waiting patiently as the students placed their votes in the ballot box. a mischievous smirk was plastered on jaemin's face, contrasting renjun's innocent smile.

"what's your first bet, renjun?" the taller asked as his eyes were looking at renjun's, even if the smaller was looking down at his chips and making a decision.

"hmm.. i'd like to bet thirty chips for now," renjun said and took thirty chips, placing them in the middle of the table.

"for now?? isn't that already a high stake?"

"is he okay?? thirty chips would be equivalent to three thousand dollars!"

renjun swore everyone in his class were talkative pieces of shits. he makes his own decisions, excuse you.

with a roll of his eyes, he asked, "well, what about you, jaemin?"

"call. 30 chips," the taller said as he placed the same amount of chips in the middle of the table, along with renjun's.

not soon after, a student ran up to them with the ballot box in his arms after minutes of them waiting.

"you'd go first, renjun."

"thank you," the chinese boy said with a genuine smile on his face, before looking at the opposite direction and taking three cards.

he looked at the cards that he got, and they were paper and two rocks respectively.

he looked up at jaemin, who was finished taking his cards, and saw how calm he was. not that he's panicking; no. he's completely enjoying this game with all his heart.

"ready, renjun?" jaemin asked and the said boy barely hummed and nods.

"alright. rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

renjun used paper, and jaemin used scissors.

"ha! yes, i won!!" jaemin cheered like a child, his arms up in the air before taking the chips that were in the middle to his side. "i'll take this, thank you."

renjun giggled, though jaemin didn't know if it was because of his actions or because he was planning something else. but, he shrugged it off. it couldn't be harmless, and renjun seemed harmless.

"oh well, that was my loss. next round?"

"whenever you're ready, sweetheart."

four more rounds have passed, and renjun lost with only winning two rounds, jaemin winning three in total.

the younger was laughing hysterically at his own victory, glad to receive that amount of money. he couldn't wait to spend all of it for his own desires.

before jaemin could ask renjun to pay up, the latter looked at him with pleading eyes.

"can we play one more round, please, nana?"

the said boy didnt know whether to cringe or love the nickname. he shook his head, looking at renjun with disbelief.

"you ran out of chips, sweetheart. what will you even use to bet?"

renjun pulled out his bag and held it upside down, revealing hundreds and thousands worth of money.

and just as he predicted, everyone around him were talking, murmuring and whispering. in all honesty, it annoyed him.

"w-what the— are you crazy!? why did you come to school bringing that much money!?" jaemin wanted to scream, his mind filled with daze just from all those money set in front of him. he wants it, he wants it all. all for him.

"well, i thought that i wasn't bringing enough money," renjun giggled softly, stacking the money on the table. "this seems enough for you, right? three hundred thousand dollars. that's my bet."

with a smirk on jaemin's face, he nodded his head. "call. three hundred thousand dollars."

just as the two were staring at each other, the other students hurriedly made their votes, placing them in a box and that being brought to the two to get three cards.

jaemin got two papers and a rock.

he smiled to himself, his plan had worked. 21 students were on his side, and 9 were on renjun's. it was as if he was controlling the votes, with jeno's help, who was sending everyone signals on what to vote next.

renjun was staring at him as if he wanted to send him a message that he couldn't figure out. whatever message it may be, it intimidated him badly.

renjun couldn't possibly get scissors, right? 21 people are siding with me, and i told them to vote for paper. in renjun's case, he has 9 people who have his back. if possible, there would be only three scissors that were in the box. it's a 1/10 chance, but it is still possible if luck was on his side today.

jaemin thought thoroughly, and looked back and forth at renjun and his cards. this was harder than he expected. he never felt this kind of pressure before.

confidence. that's what you need, jaemin. confidence. you'll win it all.

"you ready, jaemin?" renjun asked, glaring up at the taller.

"i'm always ready, renjun."

renjun smirked and nodded his head.

"rock, paper, scissors, shoot!"

jaemin smiled with victory at first, though when he looked at renjun's card, he was terrified.

how the fuck did he manage to get scissors!?

sorry if i kept on publishing and unpublishing, wattpad wont publish it properly hh