prologue

saeroun private academy. a school for middle and high school students.

where all the prestigious, son and daughters of politicians and other wealthy families study.

sounds fancy, huh?

by day, it seems like a normal school. students were taught language, history, maths and other subjects. though when the bell rings as a signal that the school day was over and nighttime strikes, everyone in the campus rushes out of their rooms as the school becomes a gambling den.

it's a tradition.

since most of the students were wealthy and had a high social status, they were taught to manipulate people. manipulate people through gambling. this is how they were prepared for the real world, they say.

social status and popularity exist in the school grounds as well. though, they base it not on your academic status or sports, but how well you gamble.

once you lose and owe someone a shit ton amount of money, you'd be classified as a housepet. those students who are treated like slaves of the school. discriminated, bullied and harrassed.

"good morning. we have a new transfer student today. please welcome him," the class adviser said, though the students' attention were not really drawn to her.

that was until, a petite and innocent-looking boy walked in to the front with a small smile plastered on his face. his milky skin glowed through the sun light, red, soft lips were formed into a smile, his prominent nose standing out and his blonde locks were combed properly, looking as if he was from a high social status.

mumbling and whispers were suddenly heard from the students, though they were silenced after awhile.

"hello! my name is huang renjun, it's nice to meet you. i may be a little different from you all but i'd really appreciate it if you treat me like i'm one of you."