Catch Me if You Can

After watching both Tokoyami’s fight against Mina and Bakugou’s fight against Kirishima, Deku is ready to go against his friend, Iida. Present Mic introduces the two boys, and begins the battle. Iida rushes towards Deku, and proceeds to push him towards the out of bounds line. Deku starts scrolling through the silhouettes on his watch, until he sees the best counter against Iida. 

    Deku transforms when he’s right about to be pushed out of bounds into XLR8, making it a speedster battle. XLR8 Deku runs to the opposite side of the stadium, and waits for Iida to make his next move. Iida can tell that he won’t be nearly fast enough to beat Deku in his XLR8 form, so he activates his Recipro-burst. Blue fire burns out of Iida’s calves, as he rushes towards XLR8 at high speeds. He jumps and goes for a high powered kick to Deku’s head, but he ducks, and grabs Iida’s leg, throwing him to the ground. Iida knows that he only has about 8 seconds left, so he has to go beyond the speed he’s going at. 

    Taking a deep breath, Iida runs even faster than he did earlier, and the flames coming out of his calves are more immense.  Deku knows that he’s definitely faster than Iida, but he goes easy on him, so that both boys would be able to look cooler for the pros. Iida comes in and goes for another kick, but XLR8 Deku blocks it with his tail, pushing Iida back. Immediately, Iida goes back to do another kick but Deku continues to block and push Iida back repeatedly. To the audience the speed battle between the two is going on so fast that their eyes struggle to keep up and make out each movement. 

    Eventually, Iida’s engines start stalling, and his movements start getting slower. When Iida goes for his final kick before he’s unable to move, Deku blocks it, and pushes Iida to the ground. Being unable to get back up, Iida sits there defeated. “Iida is immobilized, Midoriya wins!” Midnight announces as the crowd cheers. Deku flips up his transformation’s mask, and helps Iida up. “That was an amazing match Iida! Your quirk is so cool, we should train together so I can learn some of your techniques!” Deku says smiling. “Hah, I don’t think you can learn much from me, you’re way faster. Either way I’m sure we’ll learn much from each other!” Iida replies, giving Deku a respectful handshake, although deep down he’s ashamed of himself for letting his brother down. 

    Deku sits down in the crowd watching Bakugou’s fight against Tokoyami. “Shouldn't you be preparing?” Uraraka wonders. “I want to see everyone’s match, we’re all here to be heroes, so I want to see their work towards that goal” Deku replies. “I give up” Tokoyami says defeatedly after Bakugou pinned him down, meaning that the final fight will be against Deku and Bakugou. Bakugou looks directly into Deku’s eyes and gives him a glare, then walks off of the stage.