ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪

"This is bogus! I'm older than you!" Yamamoto shouted at me. He sat at the circle table with Bassui, Nakamura, Lev, Shibayama, and me. 

"I take advanced courses anyway! You only have me by a month! Shut your mouth and pay attention." I commanded then smiled at Bassui to continue his explanation of the story they were analyzing.

I continued working with Shibayama who's only trouble was math. Soon though, we were stopped again by a quiet table. Everyone was staring at me even Bassui.

"What?" I asked annoyed at the new distraction. 

"Well, you told Coach Kuroo you'd be home at nine and it's ten now." Bassui laughed at me. 

Alarm shot through my body. "Shiba, don't forget the pythagorean theorem for tomorrow. Bassui, grab my books." I stood quickly throwing my books at Bassui who's house was on the way to mine, so I knew he'd walk with me. 

"Woah, slow down!" Bassui smiled at our students, but quickly rushed to catch up with me with his arms full of his and my books and his falling reading glasses. 

I slowed from my jog, but we both walked quickly alongside each other. 

"He won't kill you for being late, you know." He plopped my books into my arms finally pushing his glasses back up. 

"I know, I know. I just feel bad for lying to him." I had begun to confide in Bassui ever since I met him like he did with me. He became a best friend quickly like Lev had. 

"It wasn't an intentional lie. You just lost track of time. It was partly my fault for teasing you instead of letting you know it was late." He laughed. I scowled at him, "Meanie." 

He nudged me with his shoulder playfully, but grew solemn in his thoughts. 

"Is something wrong Bass?" I used the nickname I'd given him on the first day I met him. 

"Do you think we will make it far like you guys did last year? I worry I won't be good enough." His eyes were stuck on the ground in front of him as we walked. 

"If anything, we will go farther. We had complications last year, but this year we have a strong team and a good coach. Plus, this year we have you Bass." I smiled at him and grinned when he looked up at me shocked. 

"M-me? No, I won't make much of a difference. I'm just a bench warmer." 

I laughed loudly and slapped my hand on my back startling the frail boy, "Nonsense. Your first major game is tomorrow, you know. Tetsurou missed many of the beginning practices, so this'll be a good chance to show them how good you are." 

"M-major?" He bit his lip nervously. 

I spotted his house and pushed him to his fence with a knowing smile, "You'll do great Bass. Don't worry so much!" 

With the reassuring words, he went into his house and I began my eight block trek to my house where Kuroo sat on the porch nervously tapping his foot. 

When I made it in the gate he ran hugging me tightly, "I was about to go searching for you! I got so worried!" He kissed my forehead then my cheek then my lips. 

The Captain's Choice// Kuroo x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara