Chapter 3

Olivia sat on Viola's bed, running her fingers through the owner's silky hair, sometimes taking separate strands and gingerly placing them on top of each other. Then she'd unfurl them lazily. Viola sat beneath her on the floor nearly purring at the feeling, and watched some crappy movie that was awarded a giggle every once in a while.

They started the night a safe distance apart with Olivia feeling far less relaxed than Viola seemed. The last thing Olivia felt like doing was watching some not-at-all-gripping movie in silence while her mind whirred with worries related to the oblivious girl.

However, Olivia had been wrong to think she'd be tortured the whole night because eventually it came to her attention around the ten minute mark that Viola was shuffling closer. She'd scooched all the way to Olivia's crossed legs and then a few minutes later rested her head against the outside of Olivia's thigh.

Olivia had stared intently at the TV in response, but eventually risked a hand through Viola's hair. The deep sigh she received was promising so she continued- trying to replicate the soothing motions her mother used to perform on her as a child.

As she drifted further into her thoughts, her fingers started to roam as well. The back of her fingers brushed against the back of Viola's neck as she weaved a lock of hair. The back of her pointer finger drifted further down to more exposed sun kissed skin granted by the camisole Viola wore.

Olivia stopped when she became too aware of her movements. It felt very intimate and there was no way Viola didn't feel the mood, no matter how tactile the girl may be.

She wouldn't start making Viola feel uncomfortable. She couldn't do that to her.

(Even if Viola hadn't indicated at all that her ministrations were unwanted.)

"What's wrong?" Viola asked listlessly, voice drifting from where she sat on the floor.

"My arm got tired," Olivia murmured pathetically.

Luckily, there was no comment on that sorry excuse.

Viola got up and Olivia watched as some of her handiwork unraveled smoothly. The glossy body of Viola's hair moved as if it was its own entity.

A now-standing Viola gestured to the floor.

Olivia looked up at her now and the position made her gulp. The atmosphere got even more thick as Olivia slid down slowly, their eyes never parting. Viola settled behind her. Her knee knocked against Olivia's shoulder.

She felt Viola's fingers start combing through her blonde hair with no hesitation. The movie character's voices babbled in the background, but there was really no loss.

She first did a single braid down Olivia's back and then unraveled it to make two.

"You look like Britney in her Baby One More Time video," Viola giggled when she made Olivia face her, "You just need bangs. Sorry, but I don't know how to do French braids or anything fun like that."

"That's funny, I just saw Paul and we were debating on giving me bangs again."

"Again?" Viola sounded very interested.

Olivia told her what she'd told Paul at the salon, but added more information since Viola seemed curious about her younger self.

Eventually, Viola was just running her fingers through her free hair aimlessly, rounding her ear and brushing her temple.

Olivia couldn't completely hide how the ends of her lips quirked up in a happy smile. Her eyes mindlessly tracked the moving blobs on the screen as she soaked up the attention, and she felt so reinvigorated by the chain of events that she felt her eyes sparkling. It was like Viola had a superpower in making Olivia feel warm and crackly inside like the campfire Olivia always adored at Girlscout camp.