it was merely the beginning..

Start from the beginning

"like the man said," rossi nodded, then looks over to theodore and mary anne. "welcome to the team kids." and with that, he also left to his office.

derek had gone to talk to theodore and spencer for a bit, meanwhile penelope and blake were talking to mary anne.

"so glad they decided to bring you two in," blake comments as she takes a sip of her coffee. "you two were amazing on that case."

mary anne smiles, "thank you, honestly didn't think i would really be here.. but i'm really excited for all of it."

"oh! by the way, the coffee here kind of sucks so i recommend just making your own at home or getting some on the way here." penelope chuckles.

mary anne nods, "thank you for letting me know."

"well, we should start with our paper work. i'll be over here if anything." blake smiles.

and to which they all separated going to their desks.

mary anne stares at the stack of papers, overwhelmed to say the least.

"do you need help?" she hears someone ask, looking up she notices spencer was the one asking.

"oh uh... yeah if you don't mind.." she smiles nervously.

spencer nods, walking over, opening up one of the case files explaining what she needed to do.

she didn't know what it was, but she liked the way he explained things. with such a stern, yet gentle tone of voice.

"got it?" spencer asked, causing mary anne to lose her train of thought.

"oh- yeah yeah. thank you.." mary anne smiled, spencer exchanged a small grin with a nod before returning to his desk.

hours going by, with just more and more paperwork. when it was already time to go home, mary anne still had a few papers to get through.

derek had came over to say his good-byes before leaving, he goes over to mary anne and pats her shoulder. "its okay kid, as time goes by, you'll get the hang of it."

her cheeks turned a bright red in embarrassment.

she had always been the one to turn in her test last in school; looking it over, double checking the work and all. she was just that type of person. and seeing as this was a new job of hers, she wanted to do whatever she has to do, well.

everyone was getting their things together, and most left already.

"hey anne, want me to stay with you til you finish?" theodore asked, standing next to her desk.

mary anne shakes her head, eyes still glued on her papers. "its fine theo, you can go."

"if you say so, see you later."

leaving both spencer and mary anne at their desks, but it wasn't unusual for spencer to stay longer than he has to.

she began to hum the tune of hotel california by the eagles, catching the attention of spence who was trying to work on some papers at his desk.

"this could be heaven or this could be hell.." she. whispered, singing to herself.

"did you know, hotel california is actually a song about a journey from innocence to experience. when the eagles were interviewed they said 'it is about the jaded, blasé, hedonistic lifestyle that characterizes california.' " spencer informed.

mary anne locks eyes with him, "i didn't know that. i remember having to write an essay about the song and what i believed it was about."

spencer put down his pen, ready to listen. "what did you say about it?"

she thought for a second, "well i picked the lyrics, her mind is tiffany-twisted, she got the mercedes benz, she got a lot of pretty boys, that she calls friends. and also, we are programmed to receive, you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave..."

"...which, those lyrics made me think how it was about hollywood at the time, and how corrupt it was seeing as the song was released back in what? nineteen-seventy six. with how you can check out anytime you would like, but you can never leave. how the fame, money and drugs can get to your head, and you can never really leave the industry..."

she realized she was talking a whole lot for someone who needs to get done with her paperwork. and also because she felt as if he really didn't even care about it. so she just shook her head with a smile, "sorry forget i said anything.."

spencer furrows his eyebrows, "no continue.. i wanted to hear what you thought about it.."

mary anne was caught off guard by this, her eyes widening a bit. "oh- really?"

"mhm," he nods with a small smile.

she couldn't help but smile back, "maybe some other time?

he nods, realizing they did indeed still had apaperwork to finish. "oh, no yeah yeah.. sorry didn't mean to-"

"its okay! i swear we will discuss it eventually.." she chuckles nervously.

spencer smiles softly, "yeah.. i'd like that.."

then the two got back to their work, mary anne eventually finishing; she picks up the files, and goes up to hotch's office to drop them off.

"where should i put these..?" she asked standing at the doorway, hotch looks up gesturing towards his desk.

mary anne notices all the paperwork surrounding him, thinking to herself how  she got the easier side of it.

"right there."

she nods, placing them on his desk.  before walking out he calls out, "agent rogers?"

mary anne turns around, "yes?"

"welcome to the team." he gave a small smile, which she hadn't seen on his face before.

"thank you sir." she smiles.

AUTHOR SPEAKS!

kind of an ass chapter, but it will
indeed get better as it goes on.

hope you enjoyed tho! :)