In Light of a Curse

Start from the beginning

"That is does! Now-" King said as he was glad Luz was paying attention before the sound of thunder and the flash of lightning drew their attention

"Looks like I was right about the rain." Luz commented at the flash.

"Yeah, and trust me, the type of rain around here is something you do not want to be caught in." King said as he shook his head.

"Why? Rain is usually a good thing back home. It waters the plants, cools the air, and personally, it feels good against a sweaty kickboxer walking him from practice." Luz said as she got up and headed to the door.

"Luz, wait!" King called out to her as she opened the door and looked out but not leave the doorway.

"I just wanna see this type of rain you're so worried about. It can't be as bad as you said it is." Luz said as she shrugged and leaned against the frame, looking towards a stray flower in the dirt.

"You'd be surprised, hoot." Hooty commented to Luz.

Luz waited a few moments before the rain began and a drop hit the flower but instead of do nothing to it, it caused the flower to burn and wither with slight steam coming off it.

"What the fuck?!" Luz said in shock as he eyes widened and she took a step back.

"Boiling rain!" Eda said as she ran towards the owl house while covering her face. "Everyone inside now!"

Luz didn't have time to react fast enough to Eda's burst of speed as she was roughly pushed inside the house and crashed into King's presentation display as Eda shut the door behind her.

"Woo, close call." Eda asked as she looked to her friends. "Everyone okay?"

Luz could only groan at her as she got up from the floor, surrounded by King's ruined lesson board as King himself as

"You're lucky I've taken harder hits than than in the past or else I'd be in real trouble right now." Luz said as she rubbed her head. "If I hadn't been more durable and still tired from practice, I would be in serious pain right now."

A few minutes later, Eda had explained to Luz about the Boilings Isles and it's plagues in the place of normal weather. Each one put more gore into Luz's mind then the last,

Gorenadoes: twisters the spin fast enough to rip a person limb from limb in the goriest fashion possible.

Shale Hail: Sedimentary rock slabs that rain down from above that can cause serious injury.

Painbows: normal looking rainbows that can turn you inside out if you look at it just once.

And last but not least, Boiling Rain: instead of being cool, it is scolding and burns like acid if expose towards to much of it.

Though horrible, the rain did answer the question on why this place was called "the Boiling Isles" to Luz and she also got more information on the Snaggleback from King, saying it was actually immune to the boiling rain thanks to it's shell and used it to hunt down any victims left in the rain.

"Well my shield spell will protect us from the rain and your made up little monster." Eda said to them as she walked to the front door, opening it to look out into the rain.

"Then hurry it up before my stucco melts!" Hooty said to Eda.

She just rolled her eyes and summoned her staff, twirling it around and slamming it into the ground to summon an orange bubble like spell to expand around her and cover the entire owl house to block the boiling rain.