4

[RAM]

maybe king was hanging around the tattooed junior too much. maybe the hazer senior was rubbing off on ram. maybe the mixed blooded junior was thinking about the senior too much. or maybe, it was all of the above. 

it had been about a week and a half since ram had first met king, and every single day, the energetic and talkative senior would approach the younger and call his name, well, nickname, and talk to him effortlessly. king had a lot to talk about, ram was able to conclude, and everything he talked about was directed towards ram. there were a few questions here and there that the senior would ask the mixed blooded male, but the only reply king would get from the other was a gaze into his eyes, and king could easily know ram's reply. 

the time that ram knew he was getting too attached to the senior was when he began to expect for king to show up out of nowhere everyday. in the mornings, after classes, during lunch, after school, just anywhere ram went, he expected king to suddenly show up as well, and majority of the time, it did happen.

another way that ram knew he grew too attached to the mighty senior was when the junior found himself thinking about king way too much. when the two would split ways after king had his one way conversation, ram would replay the conversation in his mind and make note of important things, which usually turned out to be the entire conversation. 

one of the main things that ram picked up from the many conversations king had with him this past week was the fact that king had two older siblings, a sister named kumfah, and a brother named kaning. other things also included the fact that king loves plants, the outdoors, and nature, and dislikes dogs due to his childhood trauma. ram also learned that king wanted to have a tattoo, but didn't get one due to his fear of needles.

many nights in the past week, before ram would fall asleep, he would think of king. he didn't know why, but the senior would pop into his mind sometimes, and those nights, where king was the last thing in ram's mind before falling asleep, were the same nights that he didn't have nightmares. 

that fact alone could be one of the main reasons why ram grew too attached to the hazer senior in such a short period of time. even people like his best friend duen or his family, couldn't stop the nightmares that he frequently has, and ram found it to be strange yet interesting that king had that kind of ability to make the bad dreams of ram turn to dust. the reason as to why and how was still unknown, but that reason alone made ram long for the senior everyday.

without his knowledge, ram found himself leaning on the senior more. maybe at first, it was just to chase away his nightmares, but as time slowly passed, ram started to realize that it was also because the senior could understand him. ram didn't need to be vocal about anything for king to know what the junior wanted and needed, and it made ram feel happy knowing that he didn't need to try extremely hard for anything.

king never forced the younger to talk, although he was wanting to hear the voice of ram, and just let everything happen naturally, which made ram realize that king is one of those people who you don't want to lose in your life. the senior was a very precious person, and ram knew that.

"ram!" duen exclaimed as he waved to his friend who had just arrived at the cafe across the medicine faculty of their university. tang, ting ting, and phu were already with duen, and ram was the last to arrive. he took a seat next to his best friend and looked at his friends. ting ting gave him his usual drink that arrived just seconds ago, and ram accepted it.

"what took you so long?" tang asked as the mixed blooded male took a sip of his drink.

"bathroom," ram replied shortly. there was no need for a lengthy explanation because it was just the bathroom, and he found no need to explain further.