Deker noticed the red ranger's worried look. "Heh, you're letting your concern get to you," He mocked, and Jayden's expression turned from one of worry to one of fresh anger. "Don't be alarmed, Octoroo no doubtedly gave her a stronger dose to combat her gift- her wolf side. Trust me, there's nothing I want more than you two to be in top form. The sooner you two recover, the sooner I'll be able to duel you two, and strike you both down." Deker explained, and Jayden grit his teeth, letting out a hiss of anger and pain.

Meanwhile, Brooke lost consciousness altogether, her eyes rolling to the back of her head and her arms giving out. She landed face-first into the water, and Jayden turned his attention to Brooke again, plunging himself back into the water and making sure she didn't drown.

--

Grey eyes snapped open, and Brooke instantly started choking, coughing up water. She felt bad but better. Her throat was hoarse with all the coughing she was doing, but she eventually got all of the water out of her system. She also threw up, but that was just water anyways, and Brooke eventually found herself breathing. Her breaths were short and ragged, but she was breathing again. Soon, her senses started to kick in again, and she heard quick footsteps coming towards her direction. It was Jayden, and that was good.

"Hey, hey, I've got you," Jayden spoke quickly but reassuringly, and Brooke nearly cried when she felt a pair of warm arms wrap around her body. "Can you stand?" He asked, and Brooke nodded, letting out a groan and pushing herself to her feet. She stumbled some, but Jayden offered himself as support.

Brooke squinted as her vision cleared, taking in the area where she and Jayden were now. In front of them laid a large cave, and Brooke's eyes flashed as she saw the faint glow of firelight coming from the inside of the cave. "Welcome to my MTV cribs house tour." She joked, looking up at Jayden with a weak smile, and he responded with a deadpan expression.

"Brooke, you nearly drowned, and you're joking?" Jayden wondered, and when Brooke nodded, he let out a sigh. Still, it was somewhat reassuring, that despite the poison that was leaving their systems and the stress both rangers felt, Brooke could joke around.

"In all seriousness," Brooke muttered, the playful air falling as she let Jayden guide her into the cave. "Where the fuck are we? Can we get in contact with the team?" She questioned, and Jayden shook his head, tightening his grip on Brooke some.

"I don't know, I haven't had time to check," Jayden confessed, sounding exhausted and defeated. "And Deker's here, so…" He trailed, and Brooke nodded.

She understood, Brooke knew that she couldn't piss Deker off, even though she wanted to. He had the upper hand- the ability to kill the silver and red rangers easily. Speaking of, the half-human was sitting by the small fire and motioned to the area across from him. "Have a seat." He urged.

Brooke and Jayden shared a worried look but complied, both of them somewhat struggling to sit down. Brooke fell somewhat, but, eventually, the two rangers were seated. The red was holding onto the silver protectively, him having a hold on her waist. Brooke felt this but didn't say anything, as it would be somewhat awkward, and she knew it was Jayden's way of keeping her safe. It was somewhat endearing, and if the situation wasn't so fucking weird, she would've probably enjoyed it.

"I'm surprised," Deker directed the statement to Brooke, who quirked a brow, her eyes flashing. "You recovered far more quickly than I expected, even with a higher dose. They really did make you into the ideal soldier." He mused, and Brooke felt herself stiffen at the "ideal soldier" comment.