Chapter Two

I woke with a fuzzy being cuddling next to me. My eyes shoot open and slowly look at the pink creature in my arms. A mokke. I smile as the mokke makes small snores. (He/She) squeaks and pipes up. (He/She) nuzzles (his/her) ears into my forehead. "Hi, candy?" The mokke asks holding up a piece of candy.

"Sure, thank you." I slip the candy into my mouth. Flavors explode on my tongue. "Can I name you," I sit up and lean my back against the plaster wall.

The fuzzy, pink supernatural tips it's head to the side, "Sure!"

I think for a moment before coming up with a name, "How about Cotton Candy? Because you love candy and you're really soft."

Candy's eyes sparkle, "I love it! More candy?"

I shake my head as I get up and stretch. I grab a pair of tight light-colored jeans and roll them into capris along with a (F/C) T-shirt. Then, I quietly make my way to Mom's room. Slowly opening the door, I peer inside and observe a sleeping figure under a thin blanket. I lightly smile and close the door, heading out of the house. As I make my way out of the house, I grab my toothbrush from under the sink and stuff it into a pocket in my (F/C) book bag. I grab my school clothes so I can wash them, and I make sure Cotton is in my bag and head to school.

Once I reached the tall building, I glanced at the third floor window where Hanako usually is. I sigh and look back down to the double doors. I take a black bobby-pin I found in a desk out of my pocket and shove one side into the lock. With a satisfying click, the door opens. I take a look around me to make sure nobody was watching and run inside the school.

I make my way to the stairs, but I realize I was about to step on the fourth step. I gasp and put my weight to the heel of my foot and fall on my butt at the bottom of the stairs.

"Who's there," the voice of a grown man echoes at the end of the hall.

I clamp my mouth shut and squint trying to find the figure, but the lights were not on. The only source of light were from a few windows. I try to get up, but my elbows and ankles crack from the stiff position I was in.

WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN I WANT TO BE QUIET?!?!????

By the time I get up, the man turns the flashlight on his phone on. I dash up the steps, skipping the fourth step and run as fast as I could up the stairs.

"Hey! Stop right there," the man shouts, stumbling up the stairs.

All of a sudden, everything grew quiet. I press my back against the wall, above the stairs and take deep breaths. I glance around the wall. The man was gone. My breath echoes in the quiet hall.

"Hello, (L/N)-chan," Hanako pops up behind me.

I shriek and fall down the stairs. I gasp when I was only one step away from the fourth stair. I squeeze my eyes shut, waiting to be torn apart, like all of the rumors say. But hands wrap around my legs and shoulders and lay me on the floor.

I open my eye and notice Hanako poking my cheek, "Are you dead?"

"Inside? Yeah." I mumble and sit up. "Thanks for the help."

"No problem!"

I remember what I came here for. "H-hanako... I wanted to apologize for yesterday," I keep my eyes on my hands on my lap. "I was being stupid, sorry."

"H-hey... it's cool. Don't worry about it." He rubs the back of his neck. He smirks and looks me in the eyes, "Someone broke into a school just to apologize to a me? To little old me?" Hanako gasps and lays the back of his wrist on his forehead. The boy dramatically collapses on my lap and closes his eyes.