─ vampire diaries ᵗ

Start from the beginning

DESCRIPTION

Cat Hollis always knew that she was a witch. She loved magic and doing magic and everything to do with magic. Her favourite memories of her mother from before she died were when she taught Cat some magic, or showed her certain spells. She loved their magic shop, being the one behind it all even if it was her elder sister doing the business side of things. And most of all, she loved feeling like she was in on this great secret that none of her classmates or neighbours knew about.

But what she didn't love was how her family had fallen apart after the death of her mother. Her father was a shell of the lively man she'd once played pretend with, broken by the fact that he couldn't protect his wife. With her father unable to run the business anymore, her elder sister, Mira, had to step up as not only in charge of the business, but head of the family as well. But the magic gene had skipped her, so Cat was an equal partner in running the shop and taking care of their family. She didn't have time for friends, for extracurriculars, for anything else.

Well, until the zombies come and the town of Mystic Falls goes on lockdown, that is.

QUOTES

❝"Fear is what makes you smart," I told myself quietly. "Only a dead hero isn't afraid."❞

❝All of her days were full of strangeness here at the end of the world, but this day was standing out as one of the stranger ones.❞

ADDITIONAL NOTES:

- the empty Mystic Falls at the end of season five really made me think Zombie AU so here we are

- Mira is the eldest Hollis sibling, then Cat. And then they have two younger, twin siblings, Romielle and Romulan. Their dad is named Amadeus (his friends used to call him Ace) and their mom's name was Lovanna.

- Amadeus has a serious drinking problem. He's been arrested for drunk and disorderly... a lot. I think that Liz would give Mira and Cat a break and not like do anything too serious because she knows they're in a tight spot but she could only do this for so long. Amadeus needs serious help as he's very depressed and a definite alcoholic. He was there when Lovanna was killed and blames himself for not being able to protect her. He's also 100% human.

- their store is called Runes and Relics. It's one of those magic shops you see in towns and they sell like rocks and crystals and books and all that stuff but they're enchanted pieces (jewelry and whatnot) is actually enchanted by Cat and that's why they have such a good reputation.

- Morgana and Xander don't initially live in Mystic Falls. She is drawn into town because let's be honest guys, that town is on some kind of focal point or hellmouth or something. It's gotta be. Morgana believes her magic will be stronger there, so that's where they go.

- Xander is his mother's pawn. He doesn't want to do bad things but he doesn't think he could get away from her and doesn't think he deserves to after the bad things she's already made him do. So, at some point, he should switch sides.

- the Zombie virus is magical in origin in that Morgana is a witch and uses magic to create it, but it's not just a spell once it takes effect. Kind of like how vampirism was created by a spell but now you can't just undo vampirism that simply. So once the Zombie virus gets going, it will spiral out of control quickly and be hard for them to stop.