1 | Preparation

Flash forward to when you're actually moved into your house. I don't know much about this part of moving, so I won't write it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You chuckle at the show being played on your TV as you shovel some oats into your gullet. 'Seriously, this cannot be scripted,'  you think to yourself and laugh some more. You open your mouth to get another spoonful of cereal, then get greeted with the taste of the (slightly milk-tasting) metal spoon you were using to eat. You glance down at the bowl and realize you've been  drinking spoonfuls of milk for longer than you've been eating the food soaked in it.

'Haha, whoops.'  You bring the bowl to your sink and place it down. You pause and stare at the pile of dishes. You then shrug your shoulders, convincing yourself that you would be doing them later. You head back towards the couch and plop down on it, picking up your phone right after. You turn it on and click on your Notes app to look over things you need to do. 'Get on your flight, check. Finish moving in, check,'  you put a check mark emoji next to the tasks you've completed. Now two more remain. Get to know the staff at your new workplace and survive your first day of teaching

'Oh, yeah, teaching,'  You sheepishly rub your neck, like you're in public, but you're only thinking to yourself, 'I completely forgot about this new role with all this moving mumbo jumbo.'  You shake your head at your horrible memory and focus on getting into the Clock app. You set an alarm for tomorrow. You were supposed to be heading to the summer school to meet your boss and coworkers. You were feeling giddy just thinking about it! If it was anything like your last job, you should at least make a few friends.

You get off the Clock app and decide to do something other than sit. You stretch a bit and get up. You then to go grab your wallet/handbag(if you don't have pockets). After that, you snatch your wired earbuds, connect them to your phone, then joyfully pull up your Vibing playlist. You walk to your room and look in the mirror. You look fine enough to go out. With a smile and finger-guns towards your reflection, you go to your front door. 

You turn the doorknob and open the door to a newspaper roll. 'Wonder what they're writing about now,'  you cackle and roll your eyes. You put said newspaper on a table near the door to read later. Now you can actually go out. 

● ● ● 

You continue to walk on the sidewalk. It's late, so the night sky lit beautifully with stars. You stop and stare at them in awe, then think, 'I could really go for some frozen yogurt right about now.'

● ● ●

'Aw man, that was some good frozen yogurt.'  The ring of the bell on the ice cream shop's door was suppressed by the murmurs of thoughts in your mind. You can't help but think about how the school's staff may treat you. What your students will think of you. If you'll even be good enough to succeed. You blink and take a deep breath. Everything will be okay, you just have to believe it will be.

You make your way home, luckily not getting mugged in the process, and open your front door. You breathe in the smell of your new home and walk in, shutting the door right after. You turn off the music and take off the earbuds, carefully placing them next to the newspaper. You sit back on your couch. Then realization hits you. You don't even know the name of the dang school you'll be teaching at. 

You grab your work laptop and look up some info on the school. 

Baldi's Basics in Education and Learning (BBiEaL) is a summer school located in #&%$*-#. It has been open since 19$&. It has been, and still is, a popular place for students to catch up on their math skills. They are always happy to accept a new staff member.

[STAFF] [APPLY FOR JOB] [REGISTER YOUR CHILD] [MERCH]

Merchandise for a school? You let your curiosity take over and click on the shop. There were plushies and figures of a tall man in a green, long-sleeved shirt, blue sweatpants, and brown shoes. He had the nose that looked similar to a particular blue octopus', and a single brown strand of hair. His gray eyes dug deep into your soul. 

You shut down the laptop and decide to let everything tomorrow be a surprise for you. You turn off the lights and walk into your bedroom the next room over. You get comfy in bed and place your phone left to you, so you could hear the alarm. Thinking of the lovely things to come, you close your eyes and slowly drift off to sleep.

● ● ●

"ALARM SOUND"

You groan and stretch before sitting up and turning off your alarm. The alarm gave you an hour to get physically and mentally ready to meet the people you'll be working with, and that's what you'll be doing. Getting ready. Before getting in the shower, you picked out an outfit; a [F/C] sweatshirt with black sweatpants, accompanied with some [F/C] shoes. You nod to yourself at the plain outfit, thinking that you shouldn't show off at a schoolhouse.

Now that you have an outfit all prepped up, you start doing your daily routine. When you finally get done, you change into it and check the time. 8:32. You have some time to prepare a greeting, small questions, and some jokes to keep the conversation going. After writing some down, your second alarm goes off, signaling it was 8:40, and that you have 20 minutes to get there.

*

*

Once you make sure you have everything, you turn the keys to the car and put it in reverse. After pulling out, you put it in drive and roll off your driveway, turning up the radio. This will be one heck of a day, but you are prepared. Little do you know you'll receive more than a salary in this job. 

Thank you for reading the Chapter 1 | Preparation! I hope you're ready for the future events that are in store in New Horizons. See y'all next Saturday ~ ★