Chapter 11 • Safe

Start from the beginning

"U...usually beatings and some oth...other stuff." I didn't want to tell him what the other stuff was, I don't want him to know that I'm not the innocent little girl they all think I am. I'm to ashamed.

Lorenzo asked me what kind of beatings it was which made me glad that he asked about that instead of the other stuff. I just told him the basic of what he and sometimes his friends did. Kicking, punching, throwing things at me, especially glass. I was surprised with how good I was doing talking about this, I didn't think I would even be able to get one word out without hyperventilating. Everything was going good until he asked me that question I was hoping he wouldn't ask me, praying even though none of my prayers have been answered.

"Ella did, did he ever, touch you?" I could tell he didn't want to ask but he needed to. I couldn't look at him so I looked away and at our hands.

I don't know why he cares, he shouldn't care none of them should, all I am is a burden I don't deserve six brothers who would possibly care about me. I took my hand out of his not wanting the comfort that his hands provided, not deserving it. I blinked fast trying to keep the tears a bay, I probably look a cartoon character with an ocean flowing out of their eyes and down their cheeks with their eyes blinking rapidly to the point where you can't see anything. I felt my chest going up and down rapidly on the outside but on the inside it's closing up, not allowing oxygen to get in no matter how big I open my mouth.

I felt rough hands softly slide through my hair while also rubbing my back trying to calm me down. I know it's Lorenzo I can tell by the touch but I can't hear what he's saying to me in that moment, all I hear is this constant ringing in my ears giving me a headache.

It's like I'm stuck underwater just staying there while all of the oxygen leaves my body turning my brain numb and the rest of me black and blue.

I felt someone wrap their arms around me automatically making me tense my body and trying to pushing them away from me expecting it to be John but instead of letting me push them away they simply held on tight and brought their hand to my head pushing me in they're chest while continuing to rub my back and hair, my tense body stills not expecting a hug but instead the beatings, the yelling and everything else he would do.

"Shhh Neonata, shhh it's ok your ok." My body slowly relaxed against him realizing that it wasn't John but instead my eldest brother, Lorenzo. I wrapped my arms around his torso and held on tight, probably making him lose oxygen with how tight my grip was but in that moment I didn't care. (Babygirl)

When my breathing went back to normal I slowly pulled away from him even though a part of me was telling me not to and to hold on tight. When I looked up into his eyes I was expecting to see disappointment and hate because I'm sure my reaction to his question gave him his answer, but instead of those emotions running through his eyes I saw love and anger running through them, although I somehow knew that this anger wasn't directed at me.

"I'm sorry." I looked away and started to aggressively wipe at my eyes. I hate how much I cry, I'm just being over dramatic it's not that big of a deal what happened to me when worse things have happened to other people all around the world, my problems shouldn't trump theirs.

Enzo gripped my chin in a soft but firm grip and tilted my head up.

"You have nothing to be sorry for." I tried to hold it in and begged for gravity to stop working for a second so the tear will go away but alas gravity failed me a brought the tear down my cheek perfectly landing on his thumb, but he didn't seem to mind just wiped it away and continued gazing at me.

"He did, didn't he?" I could feel his anger rising and I considered lying so that I wouldn't upset him but I couldn't, not about that, so I just nodded.

His whole body tensed when he saw me nod, he was clenching his fists so tight to the point where they were shaking, I wanted to comfort him but I couldn't move, my body seemed to just freeze to scared for what his reaction might be.

"Did he...did he ever..." I already knew what his unspoken question was and apart of me was grateful that he didn't say that word that sends me into a dark mind.

"Yes." I don't know what I'm feeling right now, I'm not sure I even feel anything despite the tears pouring down my face. I just feel cold and numb.

Even if I don't feel anything that didn't stop the sobs that rack through my body forcing me to curl up into a ball and back away from Enzo. When I looked at him through blurry vision because of the tears I see him sitting still, frozen. He slipped that emotionless mask on his face making me feel worse even if it was intentional or not.

This is it he hates me, they're all gonna hate me when the rest of them find out and they're gonna send me away somewhere to where John will be able to get me. I know he's gonna be back for me there's no way that he's gonna leave me alone, and that thought alone scares me. I couldn't stop my thoughts from spiraling into a dark place. Even more sobs ran through my body which made Lorenzo come out of his frozen like state and finally look at me.

I could see his eye soften a little when he saw my body shaking, he got up from my desk chair and sat on the bed next to my curled up body, before bringing my body closer to him and just hugging me like he did earlier. Being in his arms I finally let the sobs take control of my body.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I cried over and over again scared he would hate me and never want to see me again.

"Why are you apologizing? It's not your fault, nothing that happened to you is your fault. Do you understand?" I couldn't talk because I was crying so hard so I just nodded while hugging him tighter and burying my head into his chest not caring that my tears are wetting his expensive suit.

"What if... what if he c...co....comes bac...back?" I was hyperventilating, I felt like I was gonna throw up because I was crying so hard.

"He won't I promise you, I won't let that man anywhere near you. None of us would Tesoro." Even if he tried to keep his voice soft I could hear the anger laced in his words. (Sweetheart)

He continued to brush his fingers through my hair and rubbing my back, I must have tired myself out from crying so much because I could feel myself falling into the dreamland of sleep.

As I sat there curled up into my brothers side I couldn't help but feel something I haven't felt in a long time.

Safe.

Thank you all so much for reading my book.

How did you guys like this chapter? What did you think about Lorenzo showing his soft side? And Enzo is Ella's nickname for him Incase you guys didn't pick up on that.

What are your thoughts about what's gonna happen next chapter, and how her other brothers are gonna take the news?

Sorry this chapter is kinda short I currently don't have any power due to a storm but that should be fixed pretty soon.

I hope you all have a great day☺️