Chapter 3 • Home?

The plane ride felt longer than it actually was, I tried getting some sleep but with my overthinking mind on overdrive and the little kid behind me that would not stop kicking my seat, sleep just didn't come.

As I walk through the airport after getting my luggage I realize I have no idea where I'm suppose to go. What if they forgot about me coming? What if they don't like me once they meet me? Their my only family I have left they wouldn't just leave me, would they? Of course they would, everyone leaves no matter how much they love you, or even if they didn't at all and my brothers, I don't even know them and they don't know me why would just being blood related to someone stop them from leaving?

As I'm in my thoughts I don't even realize the person standing over me until his hand is on my shoulder, I flinch away from him the second his hand makes contact with my skin.

"I'm sorry, are you Miss Gabriella?" The man looks to be in his 60s with the wrinkles covering his skin and the laughing lines around his mouth that become more prominent when he smiles. His smile is comforting and friendly, but I wouldn't fall for that again, John had the same smile when I first met him and for a few years later, but then when my mother died he snapped, and his true colors showed.

I looked up at the man who was towering over me and I stepped away, he was wearing a nice clean cut suit and nice dress shoes, he also had an expensive Rolex on his wrist which he checked the time once before looking back at me with that same friendly smile, his eyes were like hot chocolate, like the kind my mom would make from scratch on cold winter nights for me, and his brown hair was starting to grey.

He retracted his hand and a look of confusion overcame his features for a second and then it was gone and his friendly smile was back.

"Yah?" I didn't really know what to say, this man seems nice enough but so does everyone until their demon comes out and takes control.

"I apologize Miss, I'm Albert I work for your brothers as their personal driver, I've been sent to come and take you home" his eyes showed longing and brightened at the mention of taking me home.

Home.

Something I haven't had for a while. But would it really be my home, sure I would be living there but I was living with John and that wasn't home so what would make this place my home. Home isn't always where you live it's who your with and my home died two years ago.

He grabbed my bag that contains the limited items I've been able to get through the years and we started our walk out of the airport. Although I am curious as to why he came to pick me up instead of my brothers I mean I have six for God's sake one of them couldn't of come?

Maybe they just decided I wasn't worth it maybe they've already given up on me without even meeting me yet. I don't know why that hurts, I don't even know them but just the thought of my family, the only family I have left, giving on me just creates a sharp jab of pain in my chest.

So enough we're walking up to this big black car with tinted windows that I can't see anything through them.

Albert opens the back car door for me and I thank him while getting in. I'm not used to expensive things let alone this princess treatment even if it is just opening the door for me.

When Albert gets in the car I can see him glance back at me a few times before he finally speaks.

"I'm sorry Lorenzo wasn't able to get you, he had meetings all day for the business." He smiles again at me.

"It's fine I didn't expect him too." I don't know why I thought for a second he would come pick me up, I don't even know this man, brother or not so why would he come pick me up, or send any of my brothers.