Chapter Twenty

Before I could react, Imhotep grabs my arm again, peeling me away with him. I try to yell for him, but Imhotep grabs the back of my throat, I cough as he pushes me ahead. Saved his neck, once again...gotta keep count. We arrive to Hamunaptra, he releases my neck, walking forward into the dark building. Beni stays behind me, as I eye the room for any escape routes. I get pushed by him, making me realize I stopped walking.

"Keep moving." I turn to him and keep staring into his eyes.

"You know, every ancient tale has one of you. A nasty fellow, willing to stay alive, even if helping the evil. At the end of each tale, the nasty fellow always gets their comeuppance." I say, slowly starting to walk, he stops me.

"Really?" I nod.

"Always." I continue walking ahead, we stop at a altar, made for me. Beni aims at my guns, signaling me to drop them. I take them out, dropping them, I kick them towards the door. I grab my knives, and chuck them at a wall, making them stuck. A bang erupts the silence, I smile looking in the direction. "O'Connell." He's made it.

Imhotep finishes a chant, blowing smoke onto a stone wall. He stand up straight shutting his eyes, as he chants Beni and I inch closer and closer to the wall, unknowing of what will happen. Imhotep finishes, wind howls by, the wall starts cracking as two skeletons push themselves out. 

"The scholars never wrote this in their books...." I ironically states as Beni and I back up, they bow to Imhotep, I turn my head seeing Beni hold my arm out of fear. I hit him, trying to pry him off, once he does Imhotep gives the skeletons a command. "Kill them...and wake the others....what?" I turn to Beni, "Did you know about the others?" He shakes his head multiple times. 

(Rick O'Connell's Point of View)

I move the last rock out of the door way, I drop my torch and bag. I go through, picking up the two items. I swing the rifle over my shoulder taking a good look at the dark room, I see one of those mirrors, Y/N showed me and told me about. I take out my gun and aim it towards it, if Y/N taught me well, then this should work. I shoot at it, seeing the light bounce off each other, capturing the sun. 

It lights up the room, showing all the jewels and gold. Jonathan stutters trying to form words from the sight. We take the steps down, eyes glued to the room, seeing the shimmers of gold. 

"Can you see--" Jonathan says to us.

"Yeah." I reply.

"Can you believe--" I cut him off again.

"Yeah." His hand moves, scanning the room like he's taking each one of these treasures.

"Can we just--" We all turn around with are guns aimed, seeing a hand pop out of the ground. Jonathan suddenly stops his sentence from finishing.

"Who are these guys?" I ask the leader, as more skeletons come in.

"Imhotep's Priests..." I shrug and aim towards one.

"Alright then." I fire, the others fire as well, Jonathan drops his torch taking m two pistols from my holsters. I stare at him with an evil glare, knowing he might steal them, I ignore it and continue to fight. We decide to move along, knowing there is more of them then us, as we go along the hallway we continue to shoot at them. 

Jonathan yells as we find the Horus statue with the gold book, I ignore him as I grit my teeth reloading and shooting constantly. I take tnt, and flick a match on the leaders headband, I shrug and toss it. We all take cover by the statue hearing the explosion. 

"Evelyn have any idea of the book location in this thing?" She shrugs and stutters.

"Uh, Y/N might've known....I'll think..." I nod and then hear her again. "Oh oh! If they found the black book in a crate directly under, then it should be the same!"

"Jonathan help." We kneel struggling to pull the slab of stone out, the skeletons come back. "These guys won't quit." I hear a shotgun cock, I see the leader walking towards the door frame.

"I'll keep them busy." He coldly states.