3 | hello

The night before it was time to go to Hogwarts, Arisa was back to having her doubts, so much so that she did not sleep. She was unsure of how she was meant to feel about this change. Arisa was sure that out of all the emotions she was feelings, none of them was excitement.

True to his word, Ollivander told Dumbledore about what he had discovered when trying to have a wand to match with Arisa. Dumbledore had written to Arisa informing her that a wand will be waiting for her at Hogwarts when she arrives. Arisa thought this was strange because Ollivander told her that the wand picks the wizard so how would Ollivander and Dumbledore know that this wand was going to choose her?

Arisa laid in bed somewhat peacefully until she started to hear movement outside of her bedroom door, there was a soft knock on the door and Elijah peered his head in with toothpaste on the side of this mouth.

"'Riss get up, dad said he's not starting breakfast until you're up and I'm starving"

And just like that, Elijah was gone. Rolling her eyes, Arisa sat up, got out of bed and pushed pack her curtains. The sky outside was quite cloudy, nothing really out of the ordinary. Arisa glanced out the window but then she did a double take. Arisa was sure that she saw a shadowy figure hovering on the other side of her garden fence but there was nothing there.

Not thinking much of it at the time, Arisa gathered her clothes and rush into the bathroom. After taking a shower Arisa watched herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. Watching her reflection mimic her, the more she watched the more she began to not recognise herself. The person watching her from the mirror slowed down their actions to a stop and slowly placed the toothbrush down on the side of the sink before ducking their head down.

When Arisa raised her head again, everything seemed to be back in sync. Arisa sighed shaking her head and started to get dressed. She had planned her outfit out the night before, but she's not excited, definitely not excited.

When Arisa left the bathroom and went back to her room, she looked at her mirror at her outfit, the night before she had decided on blue high waisted straight leg jeans, a white turtle neck and a grey hoodie.

'Good enough' she thought putting her hair in a low ponytail.

She grabbed her black and white converse from the end of her bed and made her way downstairs.

-

The ride to London was less that comfortable for Arisa, she has done it many times but this time it was different, obviously. The closed the Lovelace family got to Kings Cross the more animated her brother got, speaking to their mother excitedly about what he wants to do over the year which Arisa was somewhat listening to but knew she would not be doing any of that. She wanted to go, learn one spell, come home and beg her parents to continue being taught at home. As much as she wished for this, she knew it would not be the case but it didn't hurt to dream about it.

-

Getting Arisa onto the platform was something that an on looker would describe as comical, every few steps she would turn back to try and run back to the car but her father would be right behind her to steer her in the right direction, as they neared the barrier, Noah was practically carrying his daughter. As they passed through the barrier, however, Arisa returned back to her usual stoic expression.

Over all the heads of students and their parents rushing around the platform, Arisa was able to identify people with distinctive features, the first being a family with matching 'red' hair and the other being familiar ice blonde hair of the boy from Diagon Alley but just as the first time she say him, he didn't look happy to be surrounded by this bustling crowd.

"And Elijah I want you to be mindful of your sister, I don't mean breathing down her neck but make sure she adjusts well enough", Angelina said to her son sternly as he looked around

"Yeah mum, sure", Elijah replied quickly

"Mum" Arisa paused momentarily looking at both her parents faces "I'll be fine". Arisa didn't believe the words coming out her mouth but what else are you meant to say?

Angelina smiled somewhat sadly as she pulled her daughter into a tight hug, "Yes you will me" she muttered

The warning whistle went off to notify students that they needed to hurry up and get on the train.

"You both have everything?" Noah asked walking his children to the train door. Well child, Elijah had raced ahead hoping that one of his friends has saved a compartment to sit in for the long journey.

Arisa nodded hugging her father and following her brother up the train steps, when she passed the train doors, Elijah grabbed her wrist and pulled her along all the compartments until he slipped into one where another girl was sitting with a younger looking boy. Just before Arisa walked in, she looked to her right and saw the blonde boy scowling at a boy with messy dark brown, almost black hair. The boy looked up and it seemed as if he gave Arisa a nod of acknowledgement but it was unclear because as soon as she blinked he had turned his back to her and left.

Slipping into the compartment, Elijah urged her to step towards the window where he was waving his hand enthusiastically. Looking out, Arisa saw her parents standing close to one another, waving, her father looking like he was close to tears and her mother nervously biting her bottom lip.

A final whistle sounded and the train was off.

"Oh yeah, Arisa, this is Hanni, she's in Hufflepuff and this is her brother Theo, he's going into his first year"

"It's nice to meet you Arisa, Elijah has told me about you" Hanni smiled warmly

"Nice to meet you too" Arisa replied quietly sitting next to the window next to her brother

Arisa didn't have much to say since her brother could've told her about Hanni but Arisa just wasn't listening. Realising her his sister wasn't going to speak anymore, Elijah started to speak to the other siblings while Arisa took off her hoodie and put it over her head, getting ready to sleep the whole way to Hogwarts. Before closing her eyes, Arisa wondered if she should say more to the girl she just met but decided against it as she didn't have anything to say or ask.

As Arisa started to feel herself fall asleep, she was able to hear her brother say "I'm sorry about her Hanni, I did tell you she's not very social", this comment made Arisa's lips fall into a slight frown as she wondered what her twin has told his friends about her.

------

Hi, back again

I also imagined Hanni as Hayley Kiyoko but you can imagine her however you want

I may change the face claims of Arisa and her family so that the story is more inclusive for all readers.

Lastly, thank you to those who have been reading this story, I apologise for the slow updates but I'm having trouble writing it because I don't want to publish anything terrible.