2 | rare

After walking around for what seemed to be forever, Arisa and her mother finally met up with the rest of her family, her brother was nibbling on chocolate with a frown on his face and her father had one to match.

"What happened to you two?" Angelica questioned, her eyes shifting between them

"You know mum, you'd think that going to school for two whole years with people, they'd learn to be civil human beings." Her brother started, "I know Slytherins have a bad reputation but these fools don't really do much to make people think differently. I'm ashamed to be one of them" he ended shoving the remaining chocolate into his mouth with a huff.

"While in the sweet shop these two boys started giving him a hard time, saying-" Noah started but Elijah quickly cut him off

"Doesn't matter what they said, dad. They're so big headed!. 'Wish you were a pureblood?' blah blah, they ain't even special. We all go to the same school and learn the same thing. God I hate them, maybe I should ask to switch houses? Hufflepuff looks pretty cosy" He looked between his parents for their thought, when they just looked at him sympathetically, he sighed "Well then. 'Riss, what did you buy?"

"I got my robe" I answered quietly, still trying to absorb what had just been said

"Cool, cool. What's next?"

"Urm, my books? An owl and my wand?"

"What owl you gonna get?" He questioned with a smile

"One that flies? I don't know"

"The flying kind, very useful" Elijah rolled his eyes and looked back into his bag of sweets

Noah sighed still thinking about how upset his son was moments ago "Let's continue then"

The family slowly made their way towards Eeylops Owl Emporium. Arisa started to fall behind still thinking about her brothers outburst, this may be the first time she had seen her twin so bothered by students at school. Sure, he's come back during the holidays complaining about something or another but never like this. It upset her a lot to see him like this, he was usually so optimistic, enough for the both of them.

As her family entered the Owl Emporium, Arisa stopped to look in the window, she was suddenly feeling very overwhelmed with this new experience. She turned slightly to see a man with long platinum blonde leave a shop titled 'Quality Quidditch Supplies', he was a stern looking man in long black flowing robes. Immediately behind him followed the boy who had bumped into her while she was getting fitted for robes, he looked happier than before as he spoke to a woman who she could only assume was his mother.

"Come on 'Riss, what are you waiting for?" Elijah suddenly appeared in front of her with a curious look on his face. "What you looking at anyways?"

Elijah turned to see what his sister was looking at but saw nothing but an empty door way. "Did you see someone you recognise or something" He asked not expecting a reply since his sister didn't know anyone apart of the wizarding world

"Something like that" Arisa replied as she hurried into the store to inform her parents she wasn't too keen on having an owl

-

The Lovelace family had reached their final destination, they had managed to get Arisa everything she needed for her year ahead and all that was missing was her wand, which brought them to Ollivander's.

Now Arisa was really nervous.

She has never touched a wand and never wished to but she made a promise to her parents and to Professor Dumbledore that she would attend Hogwarts.

Noah stopped walking and looked at his daughter, he couldn't even imagine the emotions she was feeling at this moment so he did the next best thing he could think of, and that was to hug her. It wasn't much but it was enough to distract Arisa before they walked into the shop.

Walking in wasn't what Arisa expected, she expected there to be a handful of people looking around at different wands, all speaking at once but that wasn't the case at all. It was silent. A bit too silent for Arisa's liking.

"Mr Ollivander?" Noah called out but there was no reply "Hello?"

A few moments of silence passed and Arisa was starting get anxious. Her eyes moved around the shop at lightning speed to try and catch a glimpse any type of movement but there wasn't any.

"Maybe we should go" she said in a rushed tone "He might've stepped out for lunch for something"

"Be patient Riss" Elijah said as he held onto his sisters arm

"Yes Miss Lovelace, patience is the key" A voice spoke from behind the cluttered shelves

Arisa's head snapped in the direction as she grabbed her brothers hand. An old man came out from behind the bookshelf, his hair in all different directions. He was carrying slender boxes and as he reached the counter in front, he organised them

"Professor Dumbledore stopped by last week to tell me you were coming, he asked me to get some wands ready for you"

'Last week?' Arisa thought 'I didn't see Dumbledore last week?'

"Ah you see Miss Lovelace, Dumbledore has been visiting me in order to get you the right wand. I have some here for you to try, I think these are the ones"

Arisa was uncertain but she nodded. Elijah pushed her forwards the counter with an encouraging smile. Ollivander held a box out to her, inside was a beige wand with a helix design engraved on the handle. Arisa slowly reached for it and as her fingers brushed against it she could tell that something was not right about this one. The look on Ollivander's face showed that he thought the same.

"That's okay, you won't find your wand on the first go. The wand has to pick the wizard"

Arisa nodded again as she reached for the second wand, the same thing happened. Something did not feel right. The rest of the Lovelace family sat down on the benches by the door as they knew this may be a long process.

Wand after wand there was something that Arisa and the wand did not agree on. There was a large pile of boxes stacking up on the counter and the look on Ollivander's face showed that he was starting to feel defeated.

"Maybe we should stop" Arisa voiced timidly "I could always come back?"

"No no, no need to come back. I will come to you" Ollivander said with a polite smile

"Oh, okay then" Arisa tried to reply with smile but her emotions were peaking through. She wasn't happy at all

"Thank you for your time, we hope to hear from you soon" Angelina voiced as she stood up from her seat "Come on Arisa, lets head home"

Arisa nodded and waved to Ollivander. He smiled and waved back as the family left the shop. The moment they were out of the shop and out of sight, Ollivander sighed while shaking his head. In his time as a wand maker, he had never come across someone like Arisa. He knew that whatever wand he was going to present to her next, had to be for her and for her only. He wondered how rare this wand would be.

Ollivander placed the wands back onto the shelf and then walked to his desk to write to Professor Dumbledore about his findings.

----

I really let this story collect dust for almost a year, I'm sorry