Chapter One : Have You Heard From Stefan?

My life a the minute is pretty great, I have the most amazing best friends. Caroline Forbes and Bonnie Bennett, a great boyfriend, Damon Salvatore. The only problem is Stefan Salvatore, he hasn't spoken to me in a few days. I know what everyone is thinking, he just doesn't want to see me and Damon together, and that I shouldn't concern myself that he hasn't called, because I have Damon now. 

But Stefan. Stefan is different. 

No matter how upset he is with me he always calls to make sure I'm safe and ok. No one else seems to think he is in trouble but something is nagging me inside of my stomach telling me something is wrong.
"Have you heard from Stefan?" I ask Damon, he gives me a suspicious look and he starts walking towards me.
"Why are you bothered?" He asks and wraps his arms around my waist. Me and Damon have been having the summer of our lives but I can't stop thinking about Stefan being in trouble.
"Just worried about him a little bit" I say biting my lip.
"Well I did take you from him, he's probably going on a ripper binge somewhere" Damon laughs but this bugs me.
"Don't joke about that" I glare at Damon and unwrap myself from his arms.

I walk downstairs into the living and call Caroline, who is also Stefan's best friend. "Hey Elena" Caroline says in her usual chipper voice.
"Hey Carebear" I say smiling because Caroline always has that effect on me.
"You ok?" She asks.
"Yeah I'm fine everything is great with me and Damon" I hear a slight sigh but I just ignore it "I was wondering if you heard from Stefan in the past couple days?"
"Actually I haven't heard from him in a couple days but he probably just needs some time alone. I mean he knew you and Damon were in a relationship you didn't have to flash it around him all the time." she says kinda annoyed, I think back to the times when Stefan was still living in the Salvatore Boarding House and I mentally face palm myself.
"Yeah you're right, you want to stop over tomorrow?" I ask.
"What like sleep?" Caroline asks confused.
"Yeah, of course" I laugh.
"Oh yeah sure" Caroline says hesitantly
"Are you ok?" I ask confused at her hesitation.
"Yeah it's just we haven't had a sleepover in a while because well you know you've always been busy" Caroline says awkwardly but with a hint of sadness in her voice.
Great. Not only have I been a bitch to Stefan but I've iced Caroline out because I've been busy with Damon.
"I'm so sorry, why don't we make it an annual thing. Every Friday?" I ask hopeful she will forgive me.
"Oh my god yes. Each week we can alternate houses and who is in charge of snacks!!!" she screams excitedly.
We talk for a while discussing our first movie night/sleepover for tomorrow when eventually Caroline has to run some errands and has to go.

Although I'm feeling excited for tomorrow I've still got the awful nagging feeling in my stomach that something is wrong with Stefan. I try calling him again but I've already called twenty times, literally.
It didn't sit right with me when Caroline told me he hasn't talked to her in a couple days so I call Bonnie on the off chance he's talked to her,
"Hey, Bon Bon" I smile.
"Hey, Elena. You ok?" She asks slightly slurring her words.
"Yeah I'm good thank you. How's you and Europe?" I laugh.
"Oh it's great, I've lost count of the cocktails I've had" she says tipsily.
"I'm glad you are having a good time, is there any chance that you've heard from Stefan?"
"Nope not for a week or so. You know he probably just needs some time away, you did break his heart and then Damon like stepped on it" Bonnie says, when Bonnie is drunk she doesn't have a filter on her so I let it slide.
"Yeah erm. Well have a good trip I'll call you tomorrow, love you Bonnie" I say hoping she will be sober enough to remember this conversation tomorrow.
"Love you Elena" she hangs up and I'm back to square one, no one knows where Stefan is.

My mind is spinning on who to call next, my finger hovers over Rebekah Mikaelsons' contact photo, we aren't exactly friends although when I had my humanity off we were kind of friends. We took the photo when we were both drunk one night and we set it as my contact photo and I just haven't got round to changing it.