Ch 21: Pleasant Unintentional Plans

Start from the beginning

Elise rolled her eyes again, giggling to herself as she leaned her head back against her bed headboard.

"So who do you fancy?" Alex asked slyly, a few moments later.

Elise shrugged, look away a little. "The man in the moon—I don't know… Who is there to like that's not taken… and besides I'm not really in the market, you know what I mean. You've known my luck with boys, it's been terrible."

The girls exchanged knowing glances, smiling in agreement.

"That's not to say it won't change," Mackenzie put in encouragingly.

Elise snorted. "I wish I could believe you… don't you remember 'Warty Willaim Wetherby'—and that older Malfoy boy?"

"Yes, the Slytherins always like you," Alex said pensively, "I've always wondered why… you know, I mean, you're perfectly attractive and that's not the matter, it's just a matter of…"

"My blood," Elise answered for her, one corner of her mouth turned up sneeringly. "Yes, I know… and believe me, I only called William 'warty' because he deserved it. I only suppose that the half of them want a muggle-born toy."

"William was attractive though, I would have given him a chance," Mackenzie acknowledged.

"Attractive save for that lovely protruding mole above his brow, besides that, he would not have been half bad, I suppose," Alex mused thoughtfully.

"Oh c'mon lets' stop with this, I don't want to remember any of that…" Elise sighed, eager to change the subject.

"You're so funny Elle; you'll do anything to avoid the subject of boys. Name one attractive boy, one boy that you fancy physically at all… just one, Elle, there has to be one!" Alex prodded, crossing her arms and looking relentless.

"Remus is… pleasant," Elise muttered some moments later.

"We said attractive, not pleasant," Mackenzie chided.

Elise chewed on her lip a bit longer, looking defeated, obviously seeking some form of escape. "Fine," she conceded at last, "Sirius Black is…" Elise made a sour face as she uttered the word, "attractive."

Mackenzie laughed triumphantly. "Ha! I told you, he's infectiously attractive!"

"Infectiously attractive?" Elise laughed, "I'm not breaking out in chicken pocks or anything. I don't see what's so infectious about him anyway."

"That was stupid, Elle," Mackenzie brushed off the comment. "Now we know what you really think."

Sirius was pleasantly surprised to hear Elise voice his infectious attraction, and concluded in his mind to use this opportunity to make mental notes about what all the Marauders should do in the case of these four Gryffindor girls. Perhaps it would boost Moony to know that he was "pleasant," but he doubted it.

There was suddenly a joyful squeal and Sirius jumped in his corner, nearly dropping the card in his hands.

Alex was looking eagerly out a little oval window near her four poster bed. "The Slytherin team is out practicing!"

Elise snorted, "Fabulous. The snakes have wings and you want to watch them."

"Let's go down and see it, shall we?" Alex insisted, bouncing eagerly on her mattress.

Mackenzie, who didn't appear to mind the idea of braving the frosty air in her bed clothes to watch a band of males toss around a quaffle, jumped to attention and started to pull on her shoes.

Elise sat there with a soured expression. "Lily would think you girls are stupid."

"Well, Lily at least knew how to have a good time—sometimes," Mackenzie sniffed, throwing a crimson and gold scarf around her neck.