"I'm so glad to hear that" he whispered in my ear, as my whole body melted into his.

I hadn't been hugged properly in so long, and it felt such a relief to have his arms hold me in an embrace that I knew felt safe. I platonically loved Namjoon, to the point it brought tears to my eyes, and they just let loose.

"I'm sorry" I sniffled, a small laugh escaping my lips as he let me go, looking at me with a smile,

"Send her my love okay?" He said, as he wiped the tears from under my eyes "but please, for the life of me, but also in your own time, reach out to Jungkook...he's been worried about you"

"I've not been ready to talk to anyone..."

"I didn't say you had to be, and thats down to you, I get it" he shrugged "but so does that mean I'm the first person to see THE Astra back in the flesh in New York City again..."

"The way you word that makes it sound bad" I said, "but yes..."

"Well Astra, welcome back to New York" he gave me one last small nudge "as much as i would love to talk all evening with you I do need to get going" he said looking down at his trolley as I broke out of my trance.

"Sorry for keeping you" I apologised, stepping aside "and I promise I will come and see you all soon..."

"In your own time Astra, no pressure okay?" he assured me before pushing his trolley through and continuing with his evening.

This does now, bring me back to walking through the heaving Time's Square that was lit up with the overpowering billboards and streetlights. The sound of the groups laugh echoed behind me before I turned around snapping a quick shot of them walking towards me. A memory I would never forget.

"Does anyone want to grab a meal with me?" Hoseok called out, rubbing his hands together, as he eyed the fast food restaurant across the street.

"Count us in" Taehyung and Jimin shouted in unison as, Jimin's arm wrapping around Taehyung's shoulder.

"I'll skip...I'm exhausted" Namjoon said, a small yawn escaping his lips as he failed to hold it in "but by all means you all go ahead"

"I should be getting home..." Rita said

"So Astra?" Hoseok turned towards me, his pleading look along with Taehyung and Jimin's.

"Only if Jimin doesn't throw food in my hair" I cheekily replied,

"We have a deal" Jimin smirked giving my hand a shake, before we made it over to the restaurant.

—🫶🏼—

Dropping the toothbrush back into the pot I leaned closer to the mirror, the bags under my eyes looking progressively worse as the thought of sleeping was far off my mind. I groaned before flicking off the light switch and walking through to the now fully decorated apartment I owned. Which is literally insane. Within the month I had been back I had non stopped aimed to complete painting and furnituring the space I lived within. I smiled with pride as I ran my hand along the bamboo kitchen countertops, before opening the fridge in search of a meal. The sound of the buzzer rang through my apartment as I froze, knowing for a fact i wasn't expecting anyone. Again, two more times. Shutting the fridge door shut I made my way over to the window, peeking my head out into the night air.
Shit. Is that? I dipped my head back through the window. Shit, shit, shit. The sound of the buzzer echoed once again, before a click not long after indicating the door was then opened. Perfect!

The sound of a knock on my door broke me out of the frenzy I was having in the middle of the apartment. I flatted down the unruly strands of hair that stood stuck out on end, before skipping towards the door and peering through the small hole. The confirmation that yes, it was in fact the man I had been avoiding for the past month and a half made my stomach somersault. Exhaling slowly, I turned the lock revealing the one person whose eyes I had become so infatuated with.