chapter five - lifeline invaded

ابدأ من البداية

It would be way too hard to see the front from there!

Aw~ but I'd miss Kimi-chan too much~

...

It was ridiculous, but at least she had lunch to get away from all of the chaos.

So far the girl had been successful in getting out of the classroom before anyone could bother her. Of course there had been a few times someone tried to trail behind the girl so they could talk her into getting lunch with them or maybe even attempt to confess. But so far she had been able to successfully shake them all off before getting to her secret area. The only place Kimi could comfortably be herself without the fear of being caught by prying eyes. Her own personal slice of heaven in the personal purgatory that was school. Well.. maybe it wasn't quite that bad. Sure, it was a bit stressful at first but at this point she was able to fall into an almost comfortable routine at this point.

But still, this little spot behind the gym...

It was like a lifeline..

The only little thing she had at this point to keep her sane throughout her day.

Because of this little safe haven she had found, the cute first year had successfully passed her first week with little trouble, well maybe not little... but nothing she couldn't handle! And with Monday heading back around and the second week ready to begin, Kimi was ready to face it head on!

Or so she thought...

Maybe it was a little too optimistic of her to believe everyday would be as easy as they were...

Like no one would ever catch on to her routine, or ever find the little hiding place she ran to every day. Yet, she couldn't help the liquid shock that pumped through her system nor stop her hands from tightening around the small lunch container in her hands as her cyan eyes fell onto the panting blond figure. The unknown student currently crouched close to her usual lunch spot, between the gym and a metal sports equipment shed.

The blond girl, chest heaving up and down harshly, in an attempt to catch her breath. Cuts and bruises seemed to littler her small frame. All of them more visible to the eye seeing how she didn't have the usual long sleeve blazer or cardigan on. Instead a plain short sleeved button up took their place.

Kimi could have easily just snuck away seeing how the stranger in front of her didn't seem to even notice her presence. Seeing how the blond's eyes had remained clenched shut in discomfort since the girl had showed up behind the gym. How easily the dark haired girl could just turn around and act like nothing ever happened. Like she didn't see a single thing.

Just walk back to class and enjoy the rest of the little lunch break she had. But.. she just couldn't find it in herself to do that. Sure she was trying to stay under the radar the best she could. And have as little human interaction along with that.

But the girl was hurt.. She couldn't find it in herself to turn her back on her.

Stranger or not.

Ishikawa slowly made her way closer to the blond, slowly like how one would approach an injured wild animal. Cautiously.