ennoshita chikara

Start from the beginning

"Heh, yeah." (Y/n) carefully covered Kata's lower face back up with the scarf. "He's about to turn two in a few weeks. I've been stuffed up in my apartment working a lot so I thought I'd take us both on a short walk but he isn't really enjoying the cold." Enno watched (Y/n) place his finger tips against Katashi's cheek, the small child closing his eyes and leaning towards his father's touch.

"Wow. I would've never expected you to have a child so soon. No offense! Ah- it's just a shocker but really cool? Erm.."

"Haha! Don't worry. He wasn't exactly planned but I'm happy he's here.."  The expression (Y/n) wore showed how much he loved Katashi.

Ennoshita felt his chest tighten. He never noticed until that moment how cute (Y/n) was.

"What are you doing out here? Were you gonna ice skate?"

"Actually i was going to meet up with my-," Ennoshita had an urge not to mention his current situation. "my friend for lunch but she ended up canceling.. would you like to go out to lunch with me?"

What is wrong with me.

"Are you sure? I don't wanna be a bother."

"You won't be! Plus," Enno lightly poked Katashi's red cheek with his finger, earning a small giggle from the baby. "He's probably getting cold out here and I'd like to catch up with you."

"Well, it sounds fun to me!"

His smile is cute.

•••

Its been a few weeks since Ennoshita surprisedly ran into his high school classmate and teammate. After the lunch at the small family owned restaurant, the two decided to exchange their contact information and social medias to keep in contact. At first they were send small meaningless messages, but after meeting up a few more times for dinner or to just hang out, the messages began to increase. Texting each other every hour of the day like high school girls.

"Happy Birthday, Katashi!" They both cheered, clapping their hands for the birthday boy in front of them.

The three of them sat on the carpet floor, with Katashi sitting in front of them. He was surrounded with a few present that was obviously gonna need to be opened by an adult but (Y/n) wanted to take a few photos of his son with them. It was clear to see Kata had no clue what was going on but was enjoying all of the attention he was receiving.

Snapping photos, Enno turned his phone over to look at them briefly before (Y/n) decided to open the presents for Kata so he could enjoy his gifts.  As he was setting his phone back down on the floor, it suddenly vibrated.

7:41pm
From: Babe💘
To: Chikara
Subject: Food

Dinner tonight?

He bit down on his lower lip. His mind has been completely occupied with (Y/n) for a while that he has forgotten about spending time with his girlfriend. Quickly typing before he was noticed, Enno sent a message back and put his phone on silent so he wouldn't be disturbed for the rest of the night.

7:42pm
To: Babe💘
From:Chikara
Subject:

Sorry, i can't tonight. Some other time.

"You look so cute, Kata!" (Y/n) laughed, placing the small winter hat with short bunny ears sewed on top of it on his head. "Let daddy take a photo of you before you pull it off."