Chapter 30

You stood in the back of the boat, finally alone. No one else came up to you. You listened to the silence, and you could watch the water without a thought and smile to yourself.

Flashback -

Everyone was on the boat Bruno rented, and you were on your way back to Capri. From there, the team was going to go to Naples, and you and Polnareff would be dropped off in Capri for your study trip.

You were leaning again the side of the boat alone while watching the water. The way the sun reflected off the water was beautiful. It made it look like the water was sparkling and twinkling.

"I see why you love the ocean so much. It's beautiful."

You turned your head to the side and saw Bruno gently smiling and standing next to you. He leaned against the side of the boat and you smiled.

"Yeah."

You kept your response short and tight. Bruno was looking at you instead of the water. He wasn't being discreet about it so you noticed it almost immediately but you didn't say anything. It only made your smile grow a bit before returning to a relaxed one.

"I know when you joined you wanted nothing to do with us, are you going to go back and continue your life, or will you stay with us? With me."

You let out a deep exhale and smiled to yourself.

"I want to continue my studies and become a marine biologist, it's always been my dream, but after everything that's happened, I don't think I can be happy with my normal life. I look back at it and I can see how happy I was with it, but I also see how bland it was. But I don't know if I can become a marine biologist if I'm tied to a gang, but if I chose to become a marine biologist I'm going to regret not going with you, but if I go with you I'm going to regret never following the dream I've had for years."

Your smile had faded and you huffed. Bruno stayed quiet as you talked, it was more of you thinking out loud rather than talking to him so he let you figure it out. He moved to hold your hand and gently rubbed the back of it with his thumb to comfort you.

"Finish your study trip, and enjoy it."

You turned your head to look at him.

"Don't let it consume your mind, you can decide when you come back. Just, enjoy your dream. You won't be dragged into any more dangerous situations, and if you are..."

He turned to look at you and smile softly and he kissed your forehead.

"I'll get you out of them."

He rubbed the back of your hand one last time and then let go and began to walk away. Your eyes followed him and you smiled.

"Thank you Bucciarati."

You spoke to yourself and your attention was drawn to Abbacchio who was walking towards you.

"Hey, Abba."

He quirked an eyebrow and stopped in front of you.

"Abba?"

Your smile stopped and you cleared your throat.

"Sorry. Hi Abbacchio."

He snorted and crossed his arms.

"What were you chatting about with Bucciarati?"

Your smile returned partially.

"Nothing."

He nodded.

"Yeah, looked like nothing."

You made a face.

"I'm sorry, did you need something?"