Chapter 15

"We're close to arriving. At least five minutes."

You sat near Mista while the boat raced on the water, Fugo answering Bruno and reconfirming the mission. It looked like you were simply looking at the water because you were.

Your mind was blank. It felt like forever since you just thought about nothing, you were always thinking about something, but recently you found yourself thinking of the people you were surrounded by. All of them had something that attracted you to them and with the events, over the past few days, you were happy that you could have a blank mind for awhile.

"Sooooo."

Mista had scooted closer to you and dragged out his word. You looked at him and he sent you a wide grin, your thoughts of nothing had vanished. He had leaned back and stretched. He let out a very fake yawn and succeeded in slipping his arm around you.

"Fugo says you like the ocean."

Giorno was frowning while watching and Narancia was grinding his teeth with his arms crossed. Mista was going to hit on you and this was clear as day. Even you could see it.

"Yeah, marine biology."

"Well if you were a fish you'd be an Angelfish."

You let out a small laugh and Narancia grew mad. A blush tinted your cheeks while you looked at him. Your laughter making the Sex Pistols cheer and celebrate behind Mista's back. Mista's chest swelling up with pride.

"Thanks, Mista."

Narancia watched this and huffed. Looking away from you and Mista with steam coming out of his ears.

"I was the one that called her an angel first."

Narancia muttered under his breath to himself and Giorno's frown deepened. Abbacchio sat with his arms crossed while looking at the scenery trying to keep his cool.

Mista had a small pad of paper in his hand with a list of possible pick up lines. All of them ocean-related. He brought his arm back and turned away for a moment. He took a pencil out from his hat and scratched out the one used and turned back to you. Now using the next pickup line that was on the list.

"Are you an octopus? Because you octopi my thoughts."

You let out another laugh, you couldn't help it they were so bad but so good at the same time. Mista's face was consumed with a happy grin and a blush on his cheeks.

"The was so cheesy where did you get these?"

Mista rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged, acting cool and giving you a cheesy smile.

"Straight from my mind-"

"He was using the laptop earlier."

Abbacchio answered sternly and you smiled and looked at Mista, letting a small laugh leave your lips as he blushed from embarrassment. Bruno started to go over the mission and your light attitude dimmed. You looked over at the turtle. Trish was inside.

She's about to meet her dad. I guess this is the last time I see her... She'll get a new name, probably move away or live a protected life with her dad, she'll be safe that's what matters.

You smiled to yourself and nodded, attempting to be happy for her and looked at the island of San Giorgio Maggiore. The place you were supposed to go to. Mista had distracted you a bit with his bad attempt at flirting and you thought about Passione

Would it be so bad to join? Or well, stay. No one said I couldn't study marine life in my free time and I think I've gotten closer to the team members. I am more of a follower than a leader and getting a mission from a boss to complete actually doesn't sound too bad. Like little achievements and goals in a video game. It's been hard to figure out what to feel but I did just join and it'd be nice being part of a team.