Edward's Pov.

I head upstairs to grab Victoria from her room as I feel this happiness rush in me. Well maybe it's nervousness? But who cares, it feels good. I swing open the door as she looks around at me. "Edward!" She squeals and runs to my embrace. "Hey little one! How was your day?" I carry her and pinch her rounded nose. She rubs her nose giggling and sighs saying, "nothing useful so far". I raise my eyebrows at her and tilt it to the side, "aren't you a little bit too smart for a 4 years old?". She flashes me her iconic cute smile and I chuckle with no hesitation. "Well I can't blame you. Your mother is one smart woman right there!".

She nods. "Come on then, let's go find her?", I ask her and she nods again in agreement, leaning her head on my shoulder. Oh how cute she grew up to be. It's been 4 years, 4 years and I haven't failed neither Oliver or Elizabeth. Never touched Elizabeth either. To many this might not be the right thing for me but I love them, and I can't leave them.

I can't leave Elizabeth.

We head downstairs and in seconds everyone jumped and sang Victoria happy birthday. She ran out of my grip and went to jump around the decorations and balloons everywhere. The other young kids joined too and so did I and Elizabeth. Well I technically forced her to join and be a child again, but it was worth it. We were all singing and laughing. This might be one of the greatest days in history.

My history.

I kneel down to Victoria who was sitting down in her mother's lap. "Enjoying your presents?" I ask Victoria as she nods eagerly towards my question. I shift my eyes to meet Elizabeth's and she mouths a thank you towards me. I nod back to her and mouth no need. "Victoria. I've got you a present, that I believe you would want to treasure" Elizabeth's calming voice rings around our circle and I look up at her curios.

Elizabeth slowly pulls out the necklace she was wearing and I knew at that moment the weight Elizabeth held giving away the only thing that kept her in touch with Oliver, was enormous. I get confused and stare at her slight movements, waiting for her words. "Your father gave me this when he was around.." Elizabeth whispers as she takes a glance at Victoria, "having it may help you feel closer to him" she finishes.

"Mom.." Victoria whispers gently as she holds the necklace from her mother's palm. "I will keep it safe.." Victoria looks up at her mother's loving eyes and hugs her slowly, "I promise". They both share their warm hug and Elizabeth smiles gently towards me giving out her hand. I chuckle at her actions but nevertheless lean in and share the hug.

Yes I wasn't biologically part of this family but they both never failed to make me feel like part of them, part of their love.

——————

Lucas's pov

"Be careful with her Lucas or I swear!" Elizabeth sternly warns me as I grab Victoria's tiny wrist in mines. I nod slowly at my sister, my queen. "I promise I won't. She is my niece after all, a cute one too!" I giggle as Victoria pouts at Elizabeth. "She's my daughter! That holds priority too lucas" Elizabeth continues. "I know! Don't worry, you have road with me multiple times. Come on, Edward taught me!" I say hurriedly as I point at Edward.

"How come I'm in every conversation when I literally do nothing?" Edward questioned still passing us. "And that's exactly why I am scared" Elizabeth states looking away from Edward back. "Elizabeth?" I tilt my head raising my brows at her. She rolls her eyes and sighs in defeat, "fine! But if something happens to her. You are to blame".

I nod in agreement and take away Victoria to take a ride on Matilda. 6 pm, that was the time now as I hold Victoria tight and slowly blend through these tall dark trees. "Huh! Are these skeleton flowers?!" I hear the excitement in Victoria's voice as she points to the field full of them. "Yeah! One of the rarest and yet here it is" I reply back. She tilt her head towards me and pouts, "can I please get some?".

I gently nod towards her and stop Matilda next to a tree. I make sure Victoria slides down slowly and I tie Matilda's rope to the tree. "Go ahead! Enjoy your 4th!" I exclaim as she giggles running towards the field of flowers. I watch her and try to catch up to her, but little did I know that Elizabeth's feelings are never wrong.

"Victoria! VICTORIA!" I yell as I lose track of her little figure. I yell her name as I start to panic. "Victoria! I need to know where you are now!!" I yell loud enough for her to hear me but her reply,

Her reply were utter screams of fear.

My eyes shot wide open as I sprint towards her yells. They were calls for help, calls of terror and fear. "I'm sorry! I'm so sorry" I whisper to myself as I keep running. I spot her in the middle of an isolated area and I run immediately carrying her to my embrace. "What is it? What is it?" I speak through my heavy pants. "Man.." all she says. I look at her confused, "what?". Her tiny finger slowly and uneasily points to one direction that I shouldn't have turned to see. Shouldn't have waited too long to see. A figure that made the mountains move. The past three seconds had passed like thousands of camera frames per second displayed for visual pleasings only. In this slow time bubble I got trapped in, the trees sang in harmony and the warmness, froze.
.
"Lucas"
.
"Oliver.."

︵‿︵‿୨ the end  ୧‿︵‿︵