chapter 1

ARVALA-7

ARVALA-7

"So, which one of you boys is gonna help me escape?" Rhi asked the two mercenaries that were stationed at her cell door. She was in cuffs after she had stolen another merc's blaster and shot him through the stomach. Neither merc moved, so Rhi just sighed and settled on the floor against the wall. "No one? Stars, you guys are a tough crowd."

They still didn't make a single movement, nor did they make any indication that they were even listening to her.

"Listen, guys. I can imagine that I'll be here for the foreseeable future, so why don't you tell me what the fuck you guys mean to do with me, hm? Or we could just continue having this lovely chat. Trust me, my tongue never gets tired," she said as she winked at the Rodian. "No? That's fine. I've already thought of 16 ways to get out of here, with or without your help."

She then looked at the ceiling, "Actually, 14 ways."

"Shut up," the Rodian told her, pointing his blaster at her face.

"Oh, so you do speak? Y'know, between you and me, I like you better than your pal over here. He's Gungan, yeah? Is that why you're not speaking? I don't discriminate, Gungan. We could have just as much fun."

"I said shut up," the Rodian shouted, stepping closer to her.

Just one more step, Rhi thought.

"Why? I mean, I'm having fun, are you having fun? We could have more fun, you just take these cuffs off. Your Gungan friend can join in too, by the way."

The Rodian took one step closer when Rhi lunged and grabbed his blaster, shooting him through the leg. The Gungan aimed his blaster at her but she shot him in the head before he could shoot. She then shot the Rodian in the face, killing him. Another merc came running through the door, but Rhi shot him too. She picked up the blaster from the Gungan and crossed the strap over her chest. She checked the magazine in the blaster to make sure there were enough rounds. She picked up a key from the fallen Rodian and unlocked her cuffs, letting them fall to the ground. When she stuck her head out and looked down the hallway, she didn't see anyone. She left the room and crept to the door. There were no other prisoners in the cells, which struck her as odd. As she was about to open the door into the main building, she heard blasters firing, as if there was a gunfight happening outside. Rhi slid into the main room and noticed a pile of boxes and an egg-shaped floating container. There was another man with a blaster hiding behind a pillar, but Rhi managed to avoid bringing attention to herself. The huge door was shut, but the people outside were shooting at it in order to open it. They created a huge hole and kicked it down, walking in. It was a droid and a man wearing full armor and a helmet. The merc that was hiding behind the pillar ran at them, but the man shot him before he could engage.