Chapter 12: The Confusing Family Reunion

Start from the beginning

We sit at the table and catch up, my parents asking Tobias about our life together. "Well actually, we met when we were fighting years ago. I then saved her life by turning her back to her normal self after bieng turned evil and then saved the world. And more recently, she was kidnapped, tortured and turned evil again, but me and my friend managed to save her again and bring her back home. I proposed to her yesterday, as a late birthday present." "That's amazing! You seem like a really great guy!" My mum told Tobias. "I'm Star by the way, her father is Kevin, call us by our names!" "Tobias is the most sweet, caring, kind, thoughtful person ever. And I love him." I grab his hand and blush. "Well, Cora is the most sweet, ambitious, nerdy, kind, trustful, cute and beautiful inkling ever. And I love her with everything in my heart." "Tobias! Your embarrassing me!" I blush harder and he chuckles. "Cmon princess, you shouldn't be embarrassed." I blush even more and my parents say aw in unison. "Well, you two should get some sleep, tell us more in the morning. I trust that you two can find your way to Cora's bedroom easily on your own. Goodnight Cora and Tobias!" My dad tells us, and we both get up so we can head upstairs and get some sleep. "Thanks for dinner!" I shout down the stairs and shut the door after.

"I love you princess." "I love you Prince." We get dressed into our pj's and sit on my double bed. "So, you wanna do anything?" Tobias asks. "Well, we could 'make out' for the first time." I suggest. "Is that just kissing alot and body touching?" He asks. "Don't forget the French kissing." I said. "Let's do it then." He replies.

************************************

[UPDATE: 3 years later, I finally decide to remove this cringey makeout scene. To all the new readers of this series, be glad you don't have to read it, it was honestly horrible :) There are slight references to the making out through the rest of the chapter, but its not loads]

************************************

--Love you 3, goodnight." Tobias says, kissing my forehead and snuggling up to me. "Love you too 8." I snuggle up with him, and we fall asleep together, dreaming about the slice of heaven we just took part in.

~The next morning~

~8s POV~

I wake up, feeling amazing after what happened last night. I lay in bed with Cora still layed next to me, head on chest and hands wrapped around me. "Good Morning Cora. How is my adorable and cute inkling doing?" She had started to wake up and smiled at me. "Good morning Tobias. I'm great. How is my adorable and sweet octoling doing?" She asked me. "I'm better than ever. Should we go downstairs and have some breakfast?" Cora stopped smiling, she didn't seem to like the idea of doing that. "Fine, 10 more minutes. But then I'm dragging you out of bed, and you can't stop me." I tickle her slightly and she laughs. I loved her company alot, and after proposing to her, I loved her company even more and fell in love with her more. These times where we would relax together like this, and tease each other at times, are the times that I treasure most, and this time, it just reminded me of the time we first fell in love. It was an amazing feeling. Time seemed to fly by while I was with her, without her, it just felt like time didn't exist; like it had frozen. 5 minutes passed and Cora decided to pull an uno reverse card, dragging me out of bed, instead of me pulling her out of bed. "Cmon Tobias, I wanna get breakfast with you." She tried harder to get me up, but I resisted, and broke into laughter. "Your gonna have to try alot more than that to get me up." I expected her to give up, what I didn't expect was her to start tickling me and then get ontop of me and kiss me on the lips. "Is that enough to get you out of bed?" She expected a no, but after what she had just done to me, I nodded and got up. We ended up getting dressed and heading down stairs, hand in hand, ready to eat.

"Morning Star, Kevin." "Good morning Tobias. Did you get a good night sleep last night?" Kevin asked me. "Yeah, I did. Especially with Cora hugging me so much." Cora blushes and puts her head on my shoulder. "Your embarrassing me again 8!" "Isn't that what I'm meant to do 3? We've been dating for 3 years, you should be used to this by now!" I finish what I'm saying and Kevin hands me and Cora a plate of all day breakfast. "So your an agent just like Cora?" Star asks me. "Yes I am. Though I don't remember my past. I lost my memories after falling into the Deepsea Metro, but thankfully, Cora was here to help me make new memories." I eat my bacon and egg as Kevin starts to talk. "Well, I expect nothing less of my daughter. Always been a kind nerd, haven't you darlin--" There was a knock at the door, and Kevin went to answer it. "Hey Kevin! Is Cora here?" "Yeah, she is Lukas. Come on in!" Lukas walked in, Marina by his side and he comes in to see us.

"Hey Cora, Tobias! I just wanted to ask if you wanted to come on a double date with us." Lukas finished what he was saying, but before we could answer, Star asked a question. "Are you dating the Marina? As in Marina from Off the Hook?" "Yes I am, and we love each other alot." Lukas responded. "Well done Marina! You got a man!" Cora told her. "A very nerdy, sciency, geeky one at that." Marina chuckles as she says it. But once again, before we can answer about the double date, Sonia and Leon walk in. "Hey guys!" Leon says. "Just came to visit, saw Lukas and Marina come here as well, so we thought we would join in." Sonia says. "This can't get any worse, can it?" I ask. "Oh yeah, Petra is dating--" "Yo, wassup people!" Pearl walks in with Petra in front. "What's next, you guys are dating now?" Cora asks, speaking my mind. "Well, yes actually. Sonia set us up, and we liked each other." Petra responds. "Anyone else?" I ask. "What on earth is happening here? Why are all the couples under the same roof?" Lance walks in, the only single person here. That's when the chaos unfolded. Everyone started talking over each other, the sound gradually getting louder and louder. "EVERYONE, BE QUIET!" I shout, and immediately, everyone goes silent. "Me and Cora came here to visit her parents, and reveal that we are engaged. We came here to chill, not for chaos to unfold like this. Please, can we all do something that will keep us chill. We are only here for another day or so, so we want the best experience we can." I finish my sentence, and everyone stays silent, that's until Lukas speaks up. "Well, if its like that, why don't we all watch the Squid Wars saga?" "Sounds like a great idea Luke!" Marina says. "It's sorted then, we can all chill whilst chatting and watching these movies." I say. Everyone agrees, and we all set up, ready for the movie marathon to begin. It's 8.45am, let's hope this marathon isn't that long.

~about 18 hours into the marathon~

Ok, so it's way longer than I expected. 22hrs to be exact. Lukas and Marina kept quoting the movies, making for quite a funny movie marathon; Petra and Sonia came up with theories for each movie, explaining them to the group; Leon just cinema sinned the entire movie, word for word from the videos he had watched; Cora had fallen asleep on me whilst I just enjoyed as I watch chaos amongst people unfold. It is currently 2.45 am, and I struggled to keep my eyes open, unlike the rest of the group. "I'm gonna turn on for now guys, I'm really tired, plus Cora needs a bed, like now. My shoulder has gone numb. Goodnight everyone!" I pick Cora up and make my way upstairs, I hear everyone saying goodnight back. As soon as I get upstairs, I place Cora on the bed and I lay next to her. The next thing I know, I'm fast asleep. Another day and Cora and I will be going home, but for now, we just need to sleep.

~A few days later~

After the confusing meetup with everyone, and another day with Cora's parents, we came home and decided to finally start planning our wedding. We decided to make it based of our nicknames 'Prince and Princess', so it was mostly white with embellishments here and there. We are really exited for the day to come, all we have to do now, is wait!