photograph (heathizzy)

hey so this is ✨shit✨ and i don't know that much about heathizzy or its fandom but it's me and angel's 6 months soon and i cba to edit so i wrote this for her, hi SummerDancer12376 ily 😽 also warning swearing lmao aLSO SOME OF THIS SOUNDS DIRTY BUT IT'S NOT JUST READ TO THE END <3

Izzy looked around the room nervously and picked at her blue nail polish - one of her worst habits. She was rarely nervous about little things but today was her first time at Heath's house; they'd grown scarily close over the last few weeks and, since Heath had already seen Izzy's house when he was with her brother, it seemed like the right thing to do. The girl wasn't used to seeing messy rooms (Ozzy was annoyingly particular about his room and it was always scarily neat, which pissed off Izzy more than it should have).

Heath's room was cluttered with everything Izzy could imagine: his possessions were displayed on his shelves, a nightstand, the floor, and an orange wall of photos which Izzy was staring at. There were pictures of his pets, family, people from the studio, TV shows, and pretty much everything else that made Heath happy.

One of the pictures caught Izzy's eye. It showed a young, brown haired girl who looked about the same age as her. Looking at it made Izzy feel sick - she couldn't help being a little jealous that Heath had never told her about a girl who he had liked enough to keep a photo of her on his wall. "Shut up," she muttered to herself. She didn't want to act like a jealous girlfriend: that wasn't the kind of person she wanted to be, and anyway, Heath was just her friend.

She heard the door swing open and smelt cinnamon: Heath was back from the bathroom.

"Hey, sorry I took so long," the boy said, even though he often disappeared to the bathroom for a long time, "I'm not meant to keep my-" He stopped himself and Izzy frowned. How much was Heath keeping from her? "Is everything okay? You're acting weird."

Izzy felt her blood boil. She couldn't stop herself this time. "Now I'm the one acting weird?" she whispered angrily. "You're the one who won't tell me anything!  You're going in the bathroom for fucking hours with no explanation, and now there's a random bitch you never told me about on your wall!" She was yelling at this point. Heath backed away - Izzy rarely got this mad and it usually startled people - and swallowed nervously.

"Oh," he said with a lump in his throat, "That picture."

The girl was getting angrier with everything he said, and she raised her voice again. "Yeah, that fucking picture! Who the fuck is she? Your secret girlfriend?"

Heath cleared his throat. His face was white and he looked terrified. "Izzy," he said quietly. "It's me." He took a seat next to her on the bed.

"What do you mean?" she stuttered. "That's not you, it's..." Before Izzy could finish, Heath was taking his shirt off and she felt herself flushing. Under his shirt was something Izzy recognised as a binder.

"I'm trans." Heath sighed, looking embarrassed. "The girl in the picture was me years ago and I have to take my binder off every 8 hours. I can't afford top surgery." Izzy was silent for a few minutes. "I'm sorry, I get it if you want a real man..." He was cut off by Izzy, pushing her lips against his and kissing him passionately.

Their first kiss lasted for about half a minute before Izzy finally pulled away. "You're a real man Heath," she whispered, looking at the relieved boy.

"I almost forgot," Heath said, changing the subject, "Ozzy gave me this." He pulled a small piece of paper out of his pocket and showed it to Izzy, making her blush happily. Some tape was on a nearby desk and he stuck it onto the wall, smiling. Next to the old picture of Heath, which Izzy had already forgotten about, was a newer picture of her.