𝟭𝟳. friends

Start from the beginning

The girl was truly overjoyed she had made her first official friend, especially one that can help her with emotions. If it wasn't obvious at this point the only emotions she knew how to show was anger and annoyance. Along with sarcasm, but she wasn't sure if that counted.

As Edmund was walking into the tent his heart had deflated just the slightest at the fact that she only wanted to be friends. That, however, was a big deal on its own. He knew Anastasia was one to not rely on anyone and do things herself. But the fact that she asked him to be her friend made him feel a sort of pride that she wants to rely on him and actually gain some sort of relationship with her.

'it might not be what i wanted. but if she wants a friend, i'll be her friend. no matter however long it takes for us to be more than that.'

The Pevensie's and Beauregard's were all sat around a little table. The group, besides Peter, had sat on a small pillow on the floor eating their breakfast. Peter was leaning on a rock nearby.

Edmund had been eating a piece of toast with such force Lucy turned and said. "Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." "Exactly." Anastasia stated buttering a piece of her own toast before Edmund tried to take it as well.

She stabbed her knife in the air near his hand and he pulled it away. "Stop taking the bread!" She demanded pointing the knife at him. "Okay." Alastair mumbled bringing her arm down.

The group laughed a little before Peter spoke up, "I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." "We're going home?" Susan asked confused. "You three are." Anastasia spoke up as Peter sat between her and Edmund.

The two older boys and herself had this conversation earlier about what to do when Edmund came back. The boys were going to force Anastasia to go with them until she nearly lit them on fire saying she had her own vendetta to handle here.

"We promised our mum's we'd keep you all safe." Alastair said. "But that doesn't mean us three can't stay behind and help." Peter continued. 'wait why is Ana not coming with us?' Edmund thought, as he didn't know about her mutation.

"But they need us." Lucy sadly said, "All six of us." "Lucy, it's too dangerous, you almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" Peter said.

"Which is why we have to stay." The freckled boy softly spoke up, looking at the ground. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. and I've helped her do it. We can't leave these people behind to suffer for it." He finished looking at Anastasia who smiled at him.

"I suppose that's it then." Susan said while getting up. "Where are you going?" Peter asked her confused. "To get in some practice." Susan remarked smiling. Lucy quickly got up and ran after her with her dagger.

The Beauregard's looked at each other before each getting up and getting their respective weapons before leaving as well. As Edmund was still staring at Ana, Peter shoved his arm. "Staring's not going to get you anywhere." He running off as well with Edmund following.

The group went off to go and train, Susan and Lucy already standing at the archery targets, while Edmund and Peter rode in on horse sword fighting. The Beauregard's had been a little away from them practicing. Anastasia on the arrows and Alastair on his strength. They were also trying to train the rest of their abilities.

"So, what exactly is it these arrows do?" Alastair asked picking one up. It started heating up in his hand before Anastasia grabbed it. "Santa said they're enchanted and can do whatever I want them to do, like an explosion." Anastasia quickly explained to him before thinking of what she wanted and notching the arrow.

She let it go towards the stone in front of her. Once the arrow hit the stone a large light emitted as the stone flew into pieces. "Oh." Alastair exclaimed. "Yeah, but they can also just be regular arrows." Ana said before notching another one as she turned towards the targets where Susan and Lucy were.

She quickly let it go and it soared through the air hitting the target straight in the middle. The action caught the girl's' attention as they turned and waved at Ana who waved back.

"Well, anyways, enough about me. Let's practice on your strength." The girl said, slinging her bow around her shoulder before walking towards some pieces of logs near Peter and Edmund.

"How exactly are we supposed to work on that? Like do I just try to use my strength? is it connected to my Emotions like yours?" Alastair wondered. "I don't know. I guess a trial and error process." Anastasia said not really caring. The raven haired boy rolled his eyes before catching up with her.

Once at the logs, she had Alastair pick some up and try to destroy them. It wasn't going very well to say the least. "Okay fine. Just take a deep breathe, tap into your enhancements, become one with them...then break the log." Ana gave advice to the boy after a couple minutes of him not being able to.

They boy did what she asked and felt everything around him get heightened, the direction of the wind, the sounds of the swords, Anastasia's presence next to him and the log in his hand. Suddenly, with great strength he moved his arms outwards splitting the log right in half. "Hey! We got somewhere! Nice one, Cap!" Anastasia said.

"Peter! Edmund!" Mr. Beaver suddenly yelled running up to them. Edmund's horse went up, startled, "Woah horsie!" Edmund tried to calm him. Anastasia gave him a look before walking over to them.

"My name is Philip." The horse then replied which cause the Beauregard's to start snickering. "Oh. Sorry." Edmund said.

"The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here." Mr. Beaver explained. Anastasia was confused and irritated that the woman wouldn't just leave them alone.

"The hell she is." Anastasia took off running with the grass sizzling behind her. Alastair sighed and went after her knowing she would probably kill the Witch and start a war right then and there.

Edmund watched shocked as the once blue-eyed, brown haired girl, suddenly lit on fire with blazing orange eyes sprinted away from them. As they started following after her he turned to the rest of the group. "When did that happen?!" "You sure have missed a lot." Lucy giggled before they started following the burnt grass.