Morning Time

The next day, people all across town woke up to a steady drizzle in the autumn sky. The air was cool and wet, and the sky was covered in a thick gray blanket as far as the eye could see. Finn inhaled deeply, his head adjacent to his open window, enjoying the smell of the fresh rain. He brushed his hair and wiped off his glasses. He buttoned up his white shirt, and tucked it into his brown corduroys, then pulled on a light brown knit sweater. He pulled on white socks and his brown high tops. He grabbed his leather satchel off his chair and slung it over his shoulder. He went downstairs, and greeted his dad in the kitchen. "Good morning Finn." "Hey dad." Finn gave him a small smile and started packing his lunch. He carefully packed a sandwich, some strawberries, a bag of original goldfish, and cherry chocolate into his lunchbox, and tucked that into his satchel. He filled a thermos with warm apple cider, and waved goodbye to his dad as he grabbed a poncho and walked out the door. Finn mounted his bike, and was soon riding down the sidewalk to school.

Over at Crow's house, things were going very differently. He woke up with a start. Looking over at his clock, he realized he had less than fifteen minutes until he had to be at his bus stop up the street. He quickly threw off his plaid flannel pants, picking up his crumpled patch pants off the floor by his desk and pulling them on. He yanked his phone off the charger and pulled on his boots, not even getting around to tying them. He pulled on a long sleeve shirt and his vest, and ran a hand through his hair as he yanked his backpack off the end of his bed and dashed out of his room. As he reached the living room, he slowed down, looking over his shoulder as he reached the kitchen. He opened the bottom right cabinet, and pulled out an energy drink and a box of snacks. Crow threw them into his backpack, then ran out the door, grabbing his skateboard covered in stickers from off the porch. He hopped on, skating down the street and reaching the bus stop just as the bus pulled up. He sighed and got on, sinking down into his seat and putting on his headphones for the drive.

Crow stepped off the bus and wandered around the campus until he found a suitable spot to sit around in. The cafeteria was too loud, and the bathrooms smelled awful, so under the stairs turned out to be the best place to be. He turned up the volume on his headphones, threw down his skateboard and sat down on it, waiting for the bell to ring.

Finn parked his bike in the bike rack and locked it there. He smoothed out his poncho and walked over to the theater room to sit and write his latest story. Once there he took off and folded his poncho, tucking it into the outermost pocket of his satchel. He took out his pens and a couple sheets of paper, and began to work on writing until class began.