"Haechan, he doesn't know." Renjun whispered as Jaemin shook his head.

"Jisung, it doesn't matter." Jaemin said, approaching the two. "Your spot," Jaemin took the helmet from Jisung's hands and placed it beside Chenle's, "is here."

"I don't get it. Why do we leave that empty spot?" Jisung asked, looking around at the group. He gulped as he met Donghyuck's dark eyes.

"It's beca-"

"Zhong Chenle!" Renjun scolded making the younger boy instantly close his mouth.

"I'll tell you later." Chenle mumbled, walking away and dragging his friend.

"Oh, alright." Jisung said as he was dragged to the inside of the bar with Chenle. Donghyuck could feel Jaemin and Renjun's eyes on him.

"Haechan, take a deep breath, newbie's mistake." Jaemin said, reaching out an arm towards him but Donghyuck swatted it away.

"It's not okay." Donghyuck said, quickly grabbing his motorcycle helmet.

"Where are you going?" Renjun asked as Donghyuck began walking away.

"Anywhere but here. Jaemin you can take my bed tonight." Donghyuck said as he walked out the doors, putting his helmet on as he hopped onto his bike, speeding away.

...

Donghyuck took a deep breath as he raised his hand, knocking on the door. Seconds later, the door opened, revealing a familiar head with brown hair.

"Haechan?" The man said, taking the boy in front of him in.

"Taeil, can I stay here for the night?" Donghyuck asked. Taeil nodded, widening the door.

"You can always stay here." Taeil told him, letting the boy enter his small trailer.

...

Taeil placed a cup of tea down on the coffee table in front of the couch Donghyuck was sitting on.

"Thanks." Donghyuck said as Taeil sat dow across from him.

"No problem. So what brings you here?" Taeil asked him. Donghyuck leaned back, not wanting to answer the question.

"Taeil, why don't you ever visit the bar?" Donghyuck asked instead. Taeil smiled.

"I do, I came for Jisung's initiation." Taeil told him. Donghyuck gave him a look.

"That's because it was an initiation." Donghyuck responded. Taeil shrugged his shoulders.

"Taeyong doesn't really need me since Jaemin's doing so well. And I've already taught him everything I know." Taeil said, leaning back as well. "There's no need for an old medic like me."

Donghyuck scoffed. "You're not that older Taeil. We miss you."

"I'll come back when Winwin's in town, how about that?" Taeil proposed.

"But Winwin's never in town." Donghyuck said with a pout. Taeil chuckled.

"Anyways, you didn't answer my question. Why are you here this time?" Taeil asked, face becoming serious again.

"What do you mean, I'm always here for the same reason." Donghyuck responded. Taeil gave him a look.

"I know, but what triggered it this time? Did the newbie put his helmet in the wrong spot?" Taeil asked.

"How did you know?" Donghyuck asked, surprised.

"Lucky guess?" Taeil said but Donghyuck shot him a glare. "And maybe Renjun sent me a text."

Of course he did. Donghyuck let out a deep sigh.

"He also said he wants his vape back." Taeil added. Donghyuck felt his pockets. Sure enough, Renjun's vape was there.

"It's all my fault." Donghyuck said, running his fingers through his hair. "If I wasn't so reckless that night..." Donghyuck's voice cracked.

Taeil got up, placing himself beside the boy who was beginning to form tears in his eyes. He wrapped his arms around Donghyuck, pulling him into a deep hug as he cried into Taeil's shoulder.

"There there." Taeil said, rubbing Donghyuck's back.

"It's not your fault, Haechan. It's not your fault he died."

———————————————————————————

Who died? 😏