𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐈

Keira's POV;

"We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers"
Master Windu's words came to my ears and made me realize that I wasn't paying attention at all. I had just arrived from a mission with my padawan, Ava, and we were heading back to the Jedi temple to report when we were called in for an emergency meeting with the chancellor and some other Jedi.

When we arrived to Palpatine's office everyone else was already there, among them, my former master, Master Plo Koon. I stood next to Master Luminara, trying to follow the conversation, while Ava was standing next to Barriss Offee, Luminara's padawan.

"Master Yoda, do you think it will really come to war?" Even though nobody wanted to admit it, Palpatine's question was exactly what everyone was thinking about right now, the tension between the Republic and the separatist increases more and more everyday and it's pretty obvious that almost every star system is choosing a side, and if this ends up in a war, it's not going to be good for the Jedi order.

"Hmm, the dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see the future is." Master Yoda said
After that an hologram appeared at Palpatine's desk. The person said something in huttese, I only understood part of it, he was announcing the arrival of someone else.

The main door opened and Senator Amidala walked in the room. Padmé and I, well, I suppose we are friends, we met when Ava and I were asked to protect her while she went on a diplomatic mission, we don't really know each other but I enjoy her company, she is not like other politicians who are selfish, cold and most likely corrupted.

"Senator Amidala, your tragedy on the landing platform— terrible" Yoda said "Seeing you alive brings a warm feeling to my heart."
"Do you have any idea who was behind the attack?"
"Our intelligence point to disgruntled spice miner on the moons of Naboo"
For the first time since the meeting began, I speak "Her own people? That doesn't seem right, the people from Naboo love Senator Amidala"
Padmé looked at me and nod her head in agreement before looking at Windu again to share her own theory "I think that Count Dooku was behind it"

"He's a political idealist, not a murderer." Master Mundi replied
"You know, mylady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character." Windu has a point, but after Dooku left the order, who knows what he had become and what he was capable of doing.
"He may have been a Jedi, but that doesn't mean he could be behind the attack" As I said that I felt how everyone in the room was looking at me "I know he's an political idealist, but sometimes idealism is one of the strongest motivations in the galaxy, even strong enough to corrupt men and women who were once as noble as Dooku"
"But for certain, Senator, in grave danger you are." Yoda said.

Palpatine, who stood by the big window behind his chair, began to talk while looking at the city. "Master Jedi, may I suggest the Senator be placed under the protection of your graces." Padmé would never agree to that, she doesn't even wants more guards, she is obviously going to deny the protection of some Jedi.

"Do you really think that's a wise decision under these stressful times?" Senator Organa, who had remained silent since they arrived, said.
"Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe—" Padmé began to say but the chancellor interrupted her.
"The situation is that serious? No, but I do, Senator. I realize all too well that additional security might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone you're familiar with. Maybe Master Shaw or Master Kenobi"

To be honest, I was kinda hoping we could get some rest, we just came back from a mission, but if the council thought it was our best option, then I'm in, plus, I'll be good to see Obi Wan and Anakin again, we used to go on missions together all the time, but lately the number of missions we were sent to separated has increased a lot so we haven't had time to see each other as much.