𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

Start from the beginning

❝I did, I gave them the tip.❞
Chanyeol said making the tense environment shift into one of suprise and confusion.

❝W-what?❞
Bogum's heart sunk to his stomach as An amused smile ghosted Jungkook's lips.

❝Life's full of surprises, isn't it?❞
Yoongi mumbled, feeling pity for Bogum as the pain of Betrayal isn't something he wished upon anyone.

Sensing the obvious question bubbling inside all the people present in the estranged basement, Bogum decided to break the ice and get to the point.

❝Taehyung saved my life.❞
Gasps flooded the room as Everyone except the Taehyung was taken aback by Chanyeol's words.

The pain in Bogum's leg subsided as pure shock surged through his veins.
Jungkook was intrigued and Yoongi and Kai were flabbergasted upon hearing Chanyeol's straightforward statement.

❝He..Stopped me from committing S-Suicide.❞
Chanyeol's voice was uncertain as it was hard for him to unlock memories he wanted to bury deep under and forget.

The basement was eerily silent, The sounds of intake of ragged breaths was echoing throughout the room as Nobody knew how to react to such a personal declaration.

❝It was a warm afternoon, somewhere in the month of July, Two years ago.
I was standing on the city bridge, eager to jump and leave all the pain and miseries that were eating me up behind, as I stepped upon the steel railing and was about to loose my footing, Somebody back hugged me, pulling me towards the road adorning the bridge.❞
Chanyeol began to explain, trying not to relieve the heart breaking moment.

❝At first I was livid, I had finally mustered up the courage to Jump and was obstructed but then I noticed the tears in Taehyung's eyes and was astounded.
A mere stranger was crying for me, somebody took the initiative to stop me from ending my life, Eventhough that wouldn't have affected their's in anyway.❞
Chanyeol continued and nobody dared to interrupt.

❝I still remember what you told me Tae, Pain never ceases to exist, It just passes from one person to another, Sucide never ends pain.
This mere stranger sat with me the whole night till the time I promised him that I would fight for myself and not give in to pain.❞
Chanyeol gulped, that day was both the best and worst of his life.

❝He urged me to fight me for my own Happiness, to save myself.
You deserve An happy Ending, Chanyeol.
You're a fighter.
I got the term 'fighter' tattooed on my body, the day I finally achieved happiness and I remember praying to the heavens for Taehyung's health and safety, He's truely an Angel.

❝How could I look away when the one who saved my life is in grave danger?❞
Chanyeol's question boomed throughout the basement but not one soul knew the answer.

❝Eventhough, I aided Jungkook in his search for you, I'll never be able to repay your dept, I'm standing in front you all because of Taehyung and I'll never be able to Express my gratitude through words.❞
Chanyeol said, voice dripping with utter honesty and eyes pooling with gratitude.

❝We're family.❞
Bogum rasped out not having any other argument.

❝We might share the same Bloodline but Taehyung gave me a reason to live, He restored my faith in humanity and myself, I owe Kim Taehyung my life.❞
Chanyeol finished voice determined and eyes bloodshot, trying not to cry.

Bogum looked utterly defeated as his head hung low, Jungkook gave Chanyeol a nod of acknowledgment but his dark eyes conveyed his gratitude to the other tall man.

Jungkook took powerful strides towards the wounded Bogum, His combat boots colliding with the worn out pavement in a unintended rhythm.
He stood right in front of Bogum before pressing his metallic gun against the defeated man's temple.